11/11-11/12 opening weekend thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bird whisperer, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Muhlenberg county south end. Lot's of doe's but only 3 bucks, 2 6's and a spike. No chasing going on. Heard several shots early, none close to me, but at 8:30 it went dead. No more shots and no more deer spotted, came down at 10. Have a run into town planned then about 2 back out.
    I believe yall on the bore sighting, one round of 6 shots heard all from the same direction and sounded like the same gun.

2. zone1

zone1 6 pointer

Jan 3, 2011
    Great morning to be alive. Frosty morning in the woods just the way I like it. Saw a decent buck dogging a doe early and then watched a doe feed on acorns for about thirty minutes. Fourteen turkeys feeding on my corn. Got to go to a veterans day program and back into the woods tomorrow.

3. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    No deer for us. Heard I think 81 shots give or take a couple.

4. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Slow morning here in franklin country, at least for me that is, by the sounds of it all the deer got shot everywhere else. Sitting all day and hoping for something decent. Someone up the hillside has been shooting his damn rifle every 1-5 minutes nonstop for the past hour, annoying as hell.

5. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    It also never fails that if I wanna shoot a decent buck and let everything else pass, I'll see a ton of deer. If I want to shoot a doe or anything really, won't see crap or get a shot at anything I see.

6. nateb440

nateb440 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2011
    Took my middle son trying to get him on his first deer. Got in the stand 15 before legal shooting. Had a deer come up to the stand about 20 yards and smell around. It blew 8 times and that was that. Had some chasing that unfortunately went the other way once they crossed over to my ridge. The boy got cold around 10. Nice morning. Just not the movement I've been seeing the past 3 days.

7. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Seen 8 bucks so far. Best two were both 3.5 year olds. One was a 9 the other an 8. Good wind in my face today, glad I brought the propane burner this morning. All have been crusing and working scrapes.

8. wprebeck

wprebeck 10 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Took my 13 year old son - and hunting partner, cause I don't go without him - out today. Dropped an 8 that suffered some rack shrinkage once we walked on him. Thought he was the guy we've been looking for, and hit him through some brush at about 70 yards, quartering away.

Not the guy we hoped he was, but not bad. He's in the cooler, and my boy has expresed his desire to save his buck tag for the right deer. Hope we see him this season.

tbrothers likes this.
  9. jim rifanburg

jim rifanburg 6 pointer

Jul 27, 2016
    Just had 110-120" 8pt come by following a doe grunting every time his foot hit the ground hope she comes back with one of the big boys in tow

10. rabbit dawg

rabbit dawg 6 pointer

Mar 9, 2010
    First time in a long time I haven't seen a thing on my farm. So much for a perfect morning. Maybe I need a full moon and 72 degrees. Still a wonderful day. Be safe everyone.

11. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Don't feel bad I haven't even seen a good squirrel fight.

MorningWoods likes this.
  12. supergoat80

supergoat80 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    My nephew got his first deer a little bit ago. It's a doe he's so pumped my brother said he had to get down and get his hands on it. I just had a big bobcat hang out for a while that is one awesome animal.

13. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Those cats are something else. Their skills are honed to perfection when it comes to killing

14. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    Stayed home today finishing up processing the 10 buck I shot yesterday on Fort Knox. Will probably go out tomorrow for a doe, undecided on bow or gun but leaning towards the bow. May hit up Peabody next weekend when the orange army disappears.

15. docbuck

docbuck 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Out with my 9 year old in a shooting house in Ohio county about 200 yards from rough river. They are just now getting corn down by the road. We r sitting on the beans which they will prob get to tomorrow. Hopefully combines push those deer right up here. He shot a button and a six last year. He is itching for a big one.