11/11-11/12 opening weekend thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bird whisperer, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Martybthree

Martybthree 6 pointer

Aug 7, 2013
    Clark county was hoping today. Took a veteran with me and he scored a nice old buck. He was covered up in deer and I was not (600 yards away from him). I sat on corn and he was in a clover and winter wheat field.

nock likes this.
  2. Tiger10

Tiger10 Fawn

Oct 21, 2017
    South Carolina
    Got buck fever and shot this 10pt right after first light pushing a doe!! Kicking my butt for not having good patience on day 1 but still happy with him!!

Attached Files:

BubEastKY, gung and NOCAMST like this.
  3. jbake74

jbake74 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2010
    BubEastKY likes this.
  4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Nice buck! What part of Pike are you hunting if you don’t mind my asking?

5. jbake74

jbake74 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2010
    Close to the VA LINE

6. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    First thing I seen this morning. Seen 17 does and three bucks. Seen a goood 8 pt last 30 min of daylight.
    He was dogging and pushing does all over.17 in wide and real tall,could have drilled him. looking for a big 8 from last year......
    1.jpg

forager likes this.
  7. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Landowner really wanted some does thinned out since they've been giving us the slip what little we've hunted this farm prior to this week. Had a spike dang near walk into our lap this morning, (we're sitting in camping chairs in a brush blind on the edge of the field).

About 11, had an ancient nanny goat and two 1.5 does come walking off the opposite hill. After confirming a buck wasn't following them, my buddy dropped the nanny goat and one of the younger does with his .308. I waited for the other get a little closer, and dropped her dead as a hammer with my AR. Landowner was thrilled, so we called that a pretty successful opening day.

8. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Didn't see anything at all today .
    Heard very few shots and sat in the tree all day .

9. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    This evening I saw 4 more young little bucks. Im almost certain one of them got popped by the neighbor. He shot not 3 min after two of them headed toward the top of the hill.

Saw someting for the first time tonight, watched a young bucks cover a doe. Happend all at once. The young gun and 5 doe had been feeding in the bottom for a good 30 min and all of a sudden they all jumped into the timber and the next thing I new He had her covered.

I will be back out in the morning. Hopeing one of the 5.5 year olds make an appearance. Good luck to everyone.

10. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    Saw several young bucks chasing doe's today. Wind just not right for my favorite spot !

11. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Shot a good sized doe, happy I got something, needed some meat. Letting it hang tonight and will cut it up tomorrow and put it in a cooler for a couple days.

12. forager

forager 6 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Drunk neighbors walking through a patch of public land and letting their dogs chase the buck that I rattled in ruined the evening. We discussed the dangers of letting dogs chase deer, but their inebriation befuddled their cognitive functions. I love their dogs and don't want them to get hurt.

13. keeruss8

keeruss8 Fawn

Jun 19, 2016
    Slow day in my area of Cumberland county. Saw 1 lil buck this morning and a good bit of shooting off in the distance. Only a few shots this evening. Neighbor shot a 10 about a mile down the road. Helped him hang it and he let me have the heart, getting ready to put it on the fire and have a cold one while I listen to the neighbors dogs chase deer across the street lol

14. keeruss8

keeruss8 Fawn

Jun 19, 2016
    Sorry and another small buck this evening

15. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I stood at the back door for at least 20 minutes this morning drinking coffee and didn't see anything. I'll do it again in the morning, and update.

Feedman likes this.