11/11-11/12 opening weekend thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bird whisperer, Nov 11, 2017.

1. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    Bow hunted Scott county this morning. Heard lots of shots. First one at 5:03 a.m..... Had bucks fighting under me in the dark but nothing showed up after sun up except for a little spike. Went to breathitt county tonight. Not so much to hunt but just to do a head count. We saw some does. They will be treated like sacred cows now after the EHD.

2. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    Took this nice one in Boyd County at about 11 am.

3. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    nock, Smokin9mm, DocB and 1 other person like this.
  4. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    About to walk out the door and give it another try. Good luck every one.

5. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Heading out for another all day sit less I get lucky.Good Luck everyone---- Be Safe

6. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
    Heading out in a few minutes. Good luck everyone!!!

7. wprebeck

wprebeck 10 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Sitting in the tree stand now. Trying a different spot on the farm - this is where we last saw our target deer on camera, and only the one time.

Hopefully, the damn cattle will move away from my stand by shooting light.

8. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 6 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Just got in the tree seen a four point and a spike and two fawns yesterday not a complete bust but I hope the god lord blesses me with a good buck this mourning good luck guys.

9. docbuck

docbuck 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Headed out to blind I spent half last week brushing in behind barn for my nine year old. He killed two deer last year. He has passed on a couple bucks already this year with crossbow. Last night , and I know some of you think it’s a gimmick, but we had one of the coolest hunts ever in Hartford. I bow hunt a lot. He hasn’t got the draw weight we need just yet, so his close encounters have been limited. We had two doe come from 200 yards downwind and walk about 6 feet up to the window of our shooting house until dark. It was a classic stare off. He decided not to shoot them, but had an awesome experience. I would love to tell you I had that happen before I started using the ozone generator , but that would be a lie. But please don’t go waste your money, you will end up with a bunch of worthless (priceless) face to face deer encounters. Plus we will still have an the does(bait). Get the quiet cat instead, it will make you look cool.hahahaha

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Settled in in Scott Co. Worked up a sweat walking in. Had to shed some clothes for a while.

11. sdorton

sdorton 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    Settled in here in Owen solo this morning. Yesterday was an awesome day. Saw a few small bucks and one decent 8 tending a doe. Watched them for 3 hrs. They finally bedded and I got out of there hoping to get my daughters in there for the evening hunt. Long story short we seen him several times with that doe. Just could not get him stopped in a open spot for Emma to shoot. Then right at dark a “doe” came in. My youngest which is 7 decided she wanted to shoot. So she did and missed but the deer never moved. She wouldn’t shoot again so my 12 yr old decided to get her doe tagged filled. Dropped her in her tracks. After walking up to it the doe turned out to be a spike with 1.5” spikes. She wasn’t really happy about putting that buck tag on him but said it was ok....bc she has killed some nice bucks the last two season. I was proud of both of them and we made some great memories in the stand. Great times for sure.

KY Swamp Beagler likes this.
  12. Todd H

Todd H 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2011
    Louisville and Edmonton
    Up in Metcalfe. Does and a spike yesterday it was slow. Buddys daughter killed a massive 7 yr old that green scored mid 160's last evening in Green county. Biggest body deer I have ever seen. Good luck everyone

13. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Here in Hardin. Jumped one walking in. Nothing since daybreak. 6 shots so far. Good luck fellas!

14. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    It feels like a spring turkey season morning. The only things missing are the toms sounding off and the old scatter gun.

KY Swamp Beagler likes this.
  15. DocB

DocB Fawn

Aug 10, 2017
    KY