2019 ky elk drawing

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by jody fiorella, Jan 13, 2019.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I didn’t donate this year. Heart just wasn’t in it.

2. Rut-n-Strut

Rut-n-Strut 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    Owen County
    I went back through the live and watched. I didn't get drawn either. Bummer! I do know one person that was drawn though.

3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    You can watch now and FFD through to all the drawings. Link on kDFWR website.

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    The video is alphabetical which helped me quickly figure out this was not my year.

xbokilla likes this.
  5. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Im not going to say its not legit per say. However I will say it is BS. I have lived in KY all my life. Hunted just about every critter there is in our state. An have put in for the elk drawing every year just about since it opened. I think I missed one year a couple years ago. But to put in that many times and not get drawn but yet see and here about people getting drawn multiple times is BS. Nothing personal at all. You got lucky. But the system shouldnt be set up that way. All the money the get from this should pay for a system that is fair and capable. How is it fair for JOE BOB to get drawn 3 times and BOB JOE never get drawn. Very frustrating. Then I seen people getting drawn from other states and that just aint right either. Some get drawn from states that have elk that can be hunted without a dang drawing. Oh well. I just feel like its a waste of money and its only gonna get worse. They have there revenue and dont care about the actual hunters anyway. Take the money out of it and they wouldnt care one bit about it up in frankfort for the most part. They will continue to sell off our elk to other states as long as the offers are right and sell us tags for elk that are barely there. An thats if you even get drawn. But hey its just 40 bucks. I spend that much on toilet paper/paper towels each month for the house... Aint nothing we can do about it so no use in belly aching about it. But I still feel its BS. An for the ones who have been drawn and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread save it. You would be bitter too if you never got drawn.

elkaholic likes this.
  6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I never spend more than $20 and bid two draws. Bull Rifle and used to be cow archery but now Archery either sex. I got drawn in ‘11 for cow archery and again this year. The way I understand it I will be ineligible for 3 years after this year. I think that’s a good thing and hopefully opens things up for a few people. I’m definitely a nobody with less than 0 political connections. Now what I think is a crock are the OOS getting drawn in the general lotto before Kentuckians are drawn. Also, I always buy my elk drawing with my license. If that’s not required it may be something to think about. People must have a valid Ky Hunting License to have a chance at an elk tag. Seems fair.

7. pikey24

pikey24 Fawn

May 7, 2014
    just pure luck, but daughter has been drawn twice now.