$600 Million State General Fund Shortfall

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Multidigits, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Folks, The Dept. and the sportsman of Kentucky need our help. With the Budget shortfall, it appears that the Gov. is considering "taking" money from the F & W surplus fund. This is detailed a lot in the Cyberhunter's forum, but it is very important that we make the call to each of our legislators and voice our opinions that this money shouldn't be used. They need to fix the General Fund budget shortfall without taking our money. Here's an excerpt from Xtremes post:

Once again there are some eyes on OUR F&W dollars!! We need to contact our legislators and ask [politely] but firmly that the General Fund be addressed in a manner that will sustain itself financially and that the F&W dollars are dollars that belong to sports persons in this state.

The fact that the General Fund is 600 million$ in the hole is not our fault. If there is so much as a dollar taken out of the F&W monies we will lose all federal monies. We get approximately 24% of the revenue to operate the Dept. from Federal F&W tax dollars. This is nothing to take lightly to say the least!

For those of you who do not know who your legislators are dial 1-800-372-7181 and tell them where you live and they will tell you who are the legislators are in your area.

Please make the call!

2. Rainman

Rainman Fawn

Sep 15, 2002
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    we talked about this saterday. and its not looking good. they are going to try to take the money. and we do need help with this. 1 district director. league of kentucky sportsmen

3. INKYHUNTER

INKYHUNTER Cyber-Hunter

Guy's Indiana has had it's hand in the fish and wildlife till for a long time and it's a shame. Try to kill it in the bud or you will never get it stopped. The problem with elected officials is they thought the good times were going to roll forever. Apparently none of them had ever heard of a recession and what it does to tax revenue. I would remind them that it was their blunder and not to fix it with F & W funds.

4. Highbow

Highbow Cyber-Hunter

Dec 16, 2001
    Staffordsville, Ky.
    I have contacted 2 Senators today and will work on others and our state rep this week.

5. rouge

rouge Cyber-Hunter

Jan 30, 2002
    lexington, KY, USA.
    he also wants to cut welfair programs also.

6. ceohunter

ceohunter 10 pointer

I just read a report called "Kentucky's Fiscal Condition" prepared by the office of Governor Paul E. Patton. WOW, we are in big trouble guys and it's not going to get any better. Be prepared for hard times. Our social programs, and school systems are going to get killed.

I DO NOT want to see them take money from our "hunting dollars" I thought that was illegal?

7. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I DO NOT want to see them take money from our "hunting dollars" I thought that was illegal?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I asked yesterday about how this could happen.

All they have to do is place a line item on the buget bill (the last one voted on each session) that states, "we want your money". If passed, <font size="5">OUR MONEY IS GONE!</font id="size5">
    <font size="3">That is why it is so important that folks contact their reps now. </font id="size3">

8. mossyhorns

mossyhorns Cyber-Hunter

Dec 10, 2001
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    I have it on good authority that your local CO can't even buy pencil and paper from Wallyworld right now.

This really gets my goat. That Son of a B#$%&! Patton ran all over the state giving away money to get reelected, then gave away more hoping to run for the Senate. How the hell do you fall $500 million short? Now he's releasing prisoners and threatening to close schools and close old-folks homes. Yes, the dumb SOB will raid F&W funds just like he and his cronies steal us blind all the time.

If the State is in that bad of shape, why are we still buying that farm near Etown -- so we can erect a monument to a foreign corporation that we wouldn't have wanted in the first place? Why are we building a new golf course in Lyon Co. when the state can't pay to keep up the parks they already have? Why is Lt Gov Henpick flitting off on world tours? Why are they building a $30 million convention center in Pikeville or a center for performing arts in Paducah (gonna have kazoo concerts?)????

If you want to tell your legislator anything, tell him we are tired of being lied to and if we went $500 million in the hole on his watch, he had better fall on his own sword before election time rolls around again. And tell Gov. Studley to go find him another floozy and shut the hell up!

9. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have it on good authority that your local CO can't even buy pencil and paper from Wallyworld right now.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The Dept is "frozen", they can only buy gas and keep the lights on, nothing else. As for additional MUCH NEEDED COs, foget it.
    BTW, $500 million? It is $650 million.

Here is the folks to tell!
    http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/

10. Xtreme

Xtreme Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    GSP, if I remember correct. This almost got our CWD tests killed as well in this state.[:0]

Hard times ahead for all, folks.

11. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    I was told that the CWD test cost us about $20 apiece but there was Federal money that would pay about all of the costs.

12. taggedout

taggedout 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2001
    ky, USA.
    Ive made the calls, hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings though! [:(!]

Grummybear

13. .300Savage

.300Savage 6 pointer

The state has no money, but I read somwhere recently that Patton gave $1.5 mil. to his hometown, so they could build a civic center. What a crock of SH!T.

Rocco

14. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    I made my call just a few minutes ago. The lady mentioned that several others have been calling about that same topic! It only takes a few seconds. Make the call!

15. Highbow

Highbow Cyber-Hunter

Dec 16, 2001
    Staffordsville, Ky.
    There needs to be a stop put to all this needless replacing of guardrails, and changing drainage pipes that has nothing wrong with them to start with, the transportation Dept is wasting lots of money as are the programs that help pay powerbills too, they don't even check to see if the person really qualifies.