Airgun kills

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by muddhunter, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

I want one of these, I want it real bad. I need to sell some toys:

2. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    That's a pretty neat video I like how the other woman in the background laughs and says" with a pellet gun", more power to them I looked up the price those things are like 800 bucks, I guess some can afford, but spending that much on the airgun will never happen for me

3. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Not catch me toting an air rifle for anything above a groundhog size

4. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

5. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    I think someone else asked this question but never heard a response, can a felon use a air gun to hunt, I have a cousin that is a convicted felon and is not allowed firearms, he has changed his life around, but I can't take him hunting with me except for bow season and he is no count with archery

Carl likes this.
  6. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I am in any meams no law man but I would have to say no, it is still a firearm.

beauhunter41031 likes this.
  7. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Good question indeed. No idea. If not, thats a bummer. People change. And not everyone convicted is bad as it seems. A convicted felon is a broad charge. But the ones who deserve the charge, need to reap the charge.

elkaholic and beauhunter41031 like this.
  8. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    While I find the new and improved (but not really new - Lewis and Clark expedition had a very powerful air gun along) air guns is just don't see them worth the $$. For the same money I can purchase a silencer and put it on any of my rifles that is threaded for it.

9. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Looks pretty symmetrical what did he score?

EdLongshanks likes this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’m guessing 816-ish before deductions. It’s a good dragon but I think he could have used another year. To each their own though.

xbokilla likes this.
  11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    You know score has never really mattered to me as long as he/she gets the blood pumping. He came in like being on a string and I’m thrilled with my harvest.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  12. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Federal law defines a firearm as a weapon that fires fixed cartridges that was manufactured after 1898. Black powder muzzle loaders, guns manufactured before 1899, and air guns do not fall under the jurisdiction of firearms laws in the United States Code

elkaholic and beauhunter41031 like this.
  13. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Federal law defines a firearm as a weapon that fires fixed cartridges that was manufactured after 1898. Black powder muzzle loaders, guns manufactured before 1899, and air guns do not fall under the jurisdiction of firearms laws in the United States Code

predator1 likes this.
  14. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Wonder how Federal aligns with state. That is where you can get in trouble most times. Any KSP members that can chime in on the discussion. Can a convicted felon own and utilize a Muzzle loaded weapon or air gun?? I have a member of the family that fits the category and have always been told no that it depends on the state and Ky says no. Just crious as I have never talked to a KSP or someone with enough knowledge on the law.

15. gung

gung 8 pointer

Jan 29, 2004
    Graves County
    I think the law in Kentucky says that a firearm is difined as using fire propulsion.dont think a felon can use a muzzleloader but an air gun is allowed.

Carl likes this.