An easy deer to remember

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Rob Rock, Feb 26, 2018.

1. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    When working with hidden tangs, you usually have to modify the tang to fit the handle. That is why I love antler handled knives: each one is a customized project!

Another tip. Wrap the blade in masking tape when fixing the tang to the handle. It keeps the epoxy off the blade and guards against scratches.

Each time you make one of these, you get a bit better and learn a little more!

2. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    He will remember that buck always. You did a great job they look great. A gift that will last a life time well done.

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Now that's a Trophy that will last forever. Like said it would make a great hand me down to his kid's or grandkids in time. Great job by you both.

4. deller9865

deller9865 Fawn

Mar 7, 2018
    Odessa/Texas
    This is a very valuable gift. The kid should cherish it all his life. And my imagination was enough only to give my son trousers for hunting. I watched the sites and found a good review here https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-hunting-pants-2017-reviews-and-top-picks/ we both are pleased with the gift. But now I see that it`s possible to do something with my own hands. Have an idea for the next Christmas. With such a gift, boy must become an excellent hunter!

forager likes this.
  5. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Exactly!

These knives are not too difficult to make, and constructing a sheath is necessary as well. Designs are simple, and work well in the field.

P1020091.JPG