Anybody been out??

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by nock, Apr 15, 2015.

1. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Anybody been yet? Common's should be fixing to spawn. Plus should be plenty of backwater. Turkey hunting pretty much sucks at my place. May go this weekend.

2. mrdux

mrdux Guest

There was a huge carp tournament in Aurora this past weekend. Lots of high-dollar boats so it must have been a sanctioned deal.

3. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Haven't been out yet. Rain coming this weekend. Maybe Memorial Day weekend. Crops are almost done. Hay shouldn't take too long. Our rivers are still muddy so I'll head down to Barkley tailwaters one day. Heard they are already smacking silvers. Not much big head action tho.

4. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Keep us posted if you go. I plan killing something this weekend.

5. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    My guys I go with are doing ok on Barkley, they finished 4th or 6th in the state shoot I think. They mainly chase buffs and grassies and the rest are just come as they may

6. mrdux

mrdux Guest

I drove down below Barkley dam one afternoon this week and it was shoulder to shoulder with teenie-boppers shooting carp off the banks. Many of them are the ones who have thrown the carp they shoot up onto the rocks for everybody else to enjoy the smell in the past. Hope F&W is hanging it in their arses for doing that anymore.

7. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    MR I saw a boy post the same thing on Snapchat yesterday afternoon. Lots of people lined up to shoot but looked like there were dead carp laying in that right corner everywhere. Sad. I replaced boat tail lights Saturday, made sure the new ones worked, aired tires, checked wheel bearings, greased said bearings, and looked the boat trailer over. Hoping to head down Saturday or Monday. Saw Barkley is .6ft over pool so I'm sure they will release more CFS in this coming week and it calm down by the weekend.

8. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    image.jpg
    Couple gar.

9. abb

abb Fawn

Nov 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Yes sir that's what I talking about. Good fish.

11. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Good stuff! Went down to the tailwaters of KY and Barkley Saturday morning/afternoon. Very, very slow. The worst day I've ever had there was 12 fish previously, but Saturday we only boated 4 and didn't have many chances at all. Silvers just wasn't up and saw one big school of big heads. Went down stream and shoot some, but nothing worth calling home about. I guess I was due a bad trip.

On the other hand, I know it being Memorial Day weekend and all, but I've never seen the amount of bowfishing boats as I did Saturday. I bet we saw 20 different boats both on the water or traveling from ramp to ramp. I know it's a growing sport, but I didn't know it's growing that rapidly.

12. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Buddy of mine was coming back from there Friday evening. Said don't know how many he passed on parkway headed that way. Yes you are correct. It's gotten huge. And fast at that.

13. outdoor-addict

outdoor-addict 6 pointer

Jul 12, 2010
    image.jpg

Cave Run was way up but still had a pretty good shoot. Most of the gar we seen were pretty big with this 52" one being the biggest we pulled in, missed a couple that made him look like a baby!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  14. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Another nice one. Now go get one of them big ones.