Anyone been out yet?

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by hunt-4-life21, Apr 22, 2014.

1. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Cool I was just curious what you could do with all of them.

2. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    I couldn't stand it any longer. I put the lights on Saturday night to find a world of problems from last year. What should've been a 30 minute mount job turned into 2 hours. Way my boat is, I have 4 separate mounts, 3 went on easy and perfect. One goes under the troller (my troller has a raised mount because of lights and duck blind). I bought a new troller and evidentially it was a longer platform than my old one. So I ended up grinding one leg off, bolting it on, then welding it back. I will have to do it again when I'm ready to take them off. SMH. So grabbed the wiring and laid them out like they are suppose to. One of my switches broke off the tab but still worked. The switch on the other side died. I don't know what happened. I guess some water got behind it. So I straight wired it. After 2 hours I finally hooked up and headed out. My bow is at the shop getting a new string put on it so I used my old hunting bow and a reel seat with an 808 reel. Well my first shot I broke the arrow. SMH again. But we did see quite a few fish, never boated one. Girls were wanting to quit at 11pm. Fun quick night and glad to be back out. But next time the girls stay at home.

3. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Buddy of mine was on Barkley this weekend and said the common carp were everywhere.

4. mchunter

mchunter 8 pointer

Dang hunt4life. Rough night. Maybe you got all your bad luck out of the way for a while. I've heard the carp were running on Barkley really good last weekend also. We'll probably miss the peak though because my buddy, (who owns the boat) has got ball games with his little girl all weekend so I doubt we can make it out. I'll probably go shoot from the bank below the dams. My nieces boyfriend and some of his buddy's did really good on spoonies Monday night down there.

5. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    http://www.kentuckylake.com/lake-conditions.aspx

Here is a good spillway release website for KY and Barkley I thought I'd share. Keep in mind last week they were releasing around 8000cfs at Barkley, not its over 70000 cfs. I've fished it when it says "average" and done pretty good.

6. mchunter

mchunter 8 pointer

Yeah I check that site every day and I drive a cross both dams on my way to work every day. They are dumping a lot of water right now so it sure makes for some tough fishing.

7. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    I'm going to be wearing that site out this week. Looks like both lakes are back down to below summer pool. But Barkley still releasing quite a bit of water. I don't see much rain except isolated stuff for the weekend, so I'm wondering when they will slow down their release. I'm hoping by this weekend might take a trip down there and shoot some. I thought about getting out Saturday night but Green was terribly high. Mud wasn't terrible but still, that's a dangerous ramp when the rivers are that high.

8. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    going to be a big tournament down there the next 2 weekends so the tailwaters will be pretty crowded. the higher release of water is to try and wash the big silver die off down river. was on the tenn 2 saturdays ago and it was pretty slow. silvers there were sluggish like they were dieing too like on the cumberland. ended up shooting 60 in 6 hours with 5 being spoonies one grass carp a few gar and the rest silvers

9. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    I seen the flyer for that tourney next weekend. Looks like a total weight on just silvers and bigheads. I've never shot a tourney but I know how competitive I am and I don't think I can keep up with those guys in a 16ft with a troller. I'd love to shoot a tourney eventually. Hopefully the rains hold off this weekend.

10. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    ive won several tournys with a 1648 and troller. its all about hitting the fishwhen you find them and going to where the fish are. somebodys going to win. we will be there in an 1860 with a troller this time. just wont be shooting the tailwaters.