Anyone know absolutely for sure how to get a Ruger revolver repaired under warranty ?

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by hunter15270, Jul 4, 2018.

1. hunter15270

hunter15270 Fawn

Mar 7, 2016
    I am trying to get a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter repaired that the ejector rod screw broke on . I was shooting factory loaded Hornady Leverevolutionn 44 mag while dialing in a scope on my Super Blackhawk and the screw near the end of the barrel broke and the ejector rod flew over my head and behind me , thankfully no one including myself was hit by it . I called the Ruger customer service department and had the unfortunate displeasure of talking to some woman that was EXTREMELY rude . She asked me what type of ammo that I was using and after I told her that it was absolutely using factory loaded Hornady Leverevolution ammo , she insisted that it was hand loaded ammo that was loaded way too hot . Why on earth she thought that she was right or even had any idea of what type of ammo according to her that I was using beats the heck out of me , but I know that she was absolutely the rudest customer service rep that I have ever had the displeasure of talking to . After the conversation which she abruptly ended was over , I still had no clue of where to send my firearm for warranty repair . Do any of you all have any idea of whom I need to speak to or what the correct address is to send my revolver into for warranty repair .
    I have ""always"" heard how excellent Ruger's customer service is and how great of a job Ruger does with warranty repairs but from what I have experienced they are the exact opposite of what I have heard and truly question if I really want to ever spend my hard earned money on another Ruger . I hope that my mind will be changed to a much more positive feeling about Ruger products but I guess that time will tell.

2. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 6 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    I would call them back and hopefully get someone else, unless she's the only one working in customer service, if you do get her politely ask to talk to someone else. I've never owned a ruger but if they guarantee their products they should fix the problem!

3. hunter15270

hunter15270 Fawn

Mar 7, 2016
    I will attempt to call them again at the beginning of next week because I'm assuming that there's a good possibility that they may be off for the remaining part of this week ? I emailed Ruger a few days before starting this thread because I read on their website that they would respond within 3 business days of receiving emails , I'll give them the benefit of the remainder of this week since Wednesday was the 4th of July .

4. claynut69

claynut69 6 pointer

Nov 14, 2007
    pulaski, co
    When I had my pistol repaired they sent me a prepaid box to ship it to them no hassles, but that was 7 years ago.

5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Call Ruger again. I’d send an email detailing my experience with the first rep I talked to that was rude. Be sure to include the date and approximate time of your call.

6. hunter15270

hunter15270 Fawn

Mar 7, 2016
    I emailed customer service a week ago today explaining how I was treated when I called and talked to the lady that I mentioned earlier . According to their website they would respond within 3 business day , as of today I still have not heard back from them and I have verified that a response did not end up going into my spam folder . I have always heard great praises about Ruger's customer service but it looks like I am the unfortunate one out of a thousand that is going to have nothing but bad luck with Ruger. I will definitely be calling them again today . Wish me luck .

7. KYT

KYT 8 pointer

May 3, 2008
    Eastern Ky.
    A different customer service rep may solve the problem. I've had better luck writing letters in such cases. A letter gets tracked in and out and reps are less likely to gush some off the cuff accusation based on no evidence because they're having a bad day.
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

8. hunter15270

hunter15270 Fawn

Mar 7, 2016
    Well this evening while at a family gathering someone from Ruger's customer service replied to three different emails that I have sent to Ruger hoping to get my firearm fixed , unfortunately by the time that I checked my emails the customer service department was most likely closed . I'm very grateful that someone has responded to my emails to Ruger , perhaps since all three of them were replied to only moments apart that ""someone"" has noticed and will actually help me . The person that responded to my emails gave me a customer service number to give when I call in there , this is already much farther than I had been able to get previously . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I with will be able to update with very pleasing news . I will make sure to call the phone number that was emailed to me & use the customer service number and post the newest updates .

9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    If they keep this up, we'll be reading about Ruger bankruptcy.