Arrowhead hunters?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by slow-bow, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    I found a point. It's unique to me anyway. It's larger than a bird point, but it's obviously made from sedimentary rock. I'm not much of a point hunter, but I am very interested in them. I'm in west Ky. Anybody ever seen something like that before?

2. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Post a picture.

muddhunter likes this.
  3. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
  4. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    Sent a pic. Thank you for the generous offer to post it.

5. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

No problem at all.
    RM1.jpg

6. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Are the edges worked? It obviously has the shape of a crude point but I can’t imagine they would make an attempt with that quality of rock. Can you send some side pics?

7. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    The only visible evidence of work is, the lower 1/3 that would be attached to the arrow. The actual point and edges do not appear to be napped on at all. Material to work with, would be very plentiful in my area. The quality of the stone they used, is what got my attention. Made no sense to me, that someone would have made a point from that particular stone.

Some thoughts I had, but we'll never know the story:
    A. Did it walk in here, with a Native American, that lived somewhere else (a place, where that stone was the best choice).
    B. Was it something a child piddled with? Picked it up largely in that shape, and altered it slightly.
    C. Intentionally made blunt, and from that stone, for a specific purpose.

8. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

Bought a house and 30 acres last year it has two overhangs and a few fields, I worked up the fields this year and have found a lot of broken arrowheads and a few wholes, today I worked up another small piece of the field for corn and on one pass with the plow I seen the flint sticking out of the dirt, so I pulled it out and it made my day , this might be nothing to yall but I don’t find many points around here that’s not broke in some way, the flaking on this is amazing

Chilly, bondhu and nock like this.
  9. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville

T-wil I live for finds like that! I can't imagine anyone who has an appreciation for artifacts not being thrilled to find that beauty! Thanks for posting.

Chilly likes this.
  10. Pointpuller

Pointpuller 8 pointer

Feb 15, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Great point T-will!!! Love that flaking. Thanks for the look.

11. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    I don’t post many finds on here so here are a few, I don’t know much about identification but I love finding them and would never sale one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

muddhunter and nock like this.
  12. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Amazing to find that hoe in one piece.