Baby back rib recipe

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by 120+, Sep 13, 2017.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I'm smoking ribs Saturday and I like to try new recipes.
    Anyone want to share their favorite?

2. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I used to help a guy do custom butchering on a dozen pigs. Slaughter house would kill and split them in half, then we would cut up as people wanted (chops, roasts, etc.), and make sausage. While butchering we would smoke ribs. Rubbed with onion and garlic powder, and a sprinkle of soy sauce. We would rub on brown sugar at the end to melt and glaze. Different, and mighty tasty.

3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Try all the recipes that are sent. Invite me over and I'll let you know what is best.:)

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    My basic, go-to rub is just brown sugar, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Probably 2/3 sugar and 1/3 seasoned salt and however much pepper sounds good at the time. Though I'd recommend starting with less of the seasoned salt first. You can always add more salt to them later.

But from there, I'll often modify it by adding whatever other spices I need to use up--maybe ones getting old, or just a little left in the container.

5. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    I don't know if "bought rubs" are frowned upon in the forum, but I've had a lot of compliments on ribs when dry rubbed with Honey Hog and Honey Hog Hot from meatchurch.com. Rub em, smoke em and with about an hour to go, pull em and put em in pretty side down in foil that is covered in honey, brown sugar and butter. Wrap em up nice and tight and let them finish in the foil. Just make sure you have plenty of wet-naps on hand.....things gon get sticky and messy!!

Not trying to plug meatchurch, but their rubs are awesome and their shipping is super fast. Check 'em out!