Backseat spill 911

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by BigBlueLittleBlue, Jan 7, 2018.

1. BigBlueLittleBlue

BigBlueLittleBlue Fawn

Oct 4, 2016
    Lexington, KY
    The ladies in my yardsale group on facebook blocked me for asking so figured I'd take my issues here :rolleyes:

I have a major blood/gut spill in the backseat of my boyfriends car and he is out of town, I'm in Florida and there hasn't been a kind freeze to knock the smell from Sunday. Tossed the floormats, tried natures miracle, nothing. We both have equal stake in the vehicle.

Do I:

1. Roll it into a swamp
    2. Burn the carpets
    3. Pray Florida swallows it via sinkhole, hurricane, or any of the terrible things that happen here
    4. (Insert your idea here)
    5. Break up with him, toss a coon in there, blame the coon, leave the scene o_O

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Sounds like it was earth shaking.

3. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    What happened to the body?

4. BigBlueLittleBlue

BigBlueLittleBlue Fawn

Oct 4, 2016
    Lexington, KY
    Chum bucket cracked, eel bits and chicken livers, I've stopped looking at wedding decorations....

5. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
  6. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    BleachBit will buy some time.

7. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Try peroxide and a wet dry vac, if that doesn’t work #5 may be your only option.

forager likes this.
  8. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    Tannerite

elkaholic likes this.
  9. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Hydrogen peroxide will help some. You will need a spray bottle and a lot of peroxide.

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Call the Wolf!

Take out the front seat on the side of the spill or you will never get the area under the seat. Its easy to do, 4 bolts and possibly a wire harness or 2 to disconnect. You will need a wet dry vac. Open it up and take out the paper filter for now.

Use a 1/2 cup Baking soda, table spoon of dawn soap, and a half gallon of hot water for a ten min soak then suck up with a wet dry vac till nearly dry. Put a lot of pressure on the nozzle and use the one with the smallest tip to increase suction. Dump out the wet contents in the vac. Repeat this about a half dozen times and until it stops smelling.
    Then use 1/2 gallon of water and a couple capfuls of bleach ( if an older car and you don’t care about bleaching the color of your carpet use a half cup in a half gallon of hot water) pour onto the carpet let sit for a few min the suck it up with the wet dry vac. Do this 3 times as well. Make sure you get it as dry as possible when you get done. After sucking everything thoroughly with the wet dry vac put towels down with weights on top and change out a few times to absorb all the water.
    The smell may come back for a week or so but you will have removed 95+% of the crud. Additionally, If you want to a reduce the week long funk you can call a car dealer with a service dept and ask for a price on a detail might be the best $150-200 you’ll ever spend.
    (If you killed someone don’t involve the car dealer)
    This is you BFs fault by the way. You might want to look for a guy that drives a pickup. Chum buckets belong in the bed of a truck.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    forager and nock like this.
  11. bigbonner

bigbonner 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Don't eat wedding cake . They are dangerous to your health . When you eat a piece the your normal life is over .

12. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I’ve been married for 29 years.... rule #1... don’t matter if she did it, kid did it or pet did it. It’s my fault.

Even if I got mad and iniated the initial “what happened” interigation. By the time the discussion was over the tables were turned and the blame shifted on the innocent by-stander... being me.

As such....I don’t know where women learn this “art”... but you might has well bone up on this apparently useful skill.

You could start off as soon as he shows up and begin chewing on his butt. Demand to know why he didn’t have the seats covered. Then proceed to complain about how you had to drive around with the stench. Throw in every time you got out you could smell it on your clothes and how embarrassing it was to have to go in somewhere smelling like that.

Throw in that this might not have happened if he’d hadn’t been gone. Being sure not to allow him to get a word in or any type of rebuttal. Be a good idea to throw in a little foot stomping... then simply storm off.

By the time he figures out what just happened .. he will probably have it cleaned up & smelling better.

Capttrae likes this.
  13. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    I could be wrong but i don’t think women do that until they get married and/or have your child (the OP is not.)

14. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Don’t matter.... fact of not being married it will make it easier to swallow hook, line & sinker.

Especially pending how long he’s been gone.... easier to distract from the issue.

carnivore likes this.
  15. shaman

shaman 8 pointer

Jul 20, 2004
    Neave, KY, USA.
    Everyone's talkin DIY, so I'll stick to professional services
    1) Have you thought about calling your insurance agent? They may have a contractor they can refer you to
    2) If not, call the local sheriff's office. There are contractors that clean up crime scenes. You may get a referral there.
    3) Try the local car auction. They may have a number for you.

The point is that dead bodies laying about in apartments and cars are a fairly common thing. Not all of it is due to foul play, but the end result is extremely foul. I grew up in a family that lived off rentals. During my formative years, Dad had to deal with old folks dying, and a couple of suicides. By 14, I was in on some of it. Thankfully none of them dropped dead on the hardwood floors or left the stove on or left a lit cigarette. It was usually just a matter of stripping out all the furnishings, repainting and spot-treating the immediate area. Dad would have a service in and the unit would be rentable the next month.

Me? I'd think this is going to require pulling up the carpet and steam cleaning. You're talking Florida, and the cold weather ain't going to last forever. I can just imagine what this is going to be like come June.

Back to DIY: I once dumped a half-gallon of milk in the car on the way to work. It was on the passenger seat and the whole thing opened up. I couldn't take care of it at the time. After work that day, I had gagathon waiting for me in the August heat. I was able to rid the car of the smell by repeatedly dumping buckets of water through the seat and sucking up the effluent with a shop vac, then pouring a couple of boxes of baking soda under the seat and on top of the seat an into the carpeting and letting it stay there for a month. Given time, baking soda will do an amazing job.

I learned that trick working for Dad. Folks would get cats and dogs even thought they were forbidden in our units. They'd try to hide it and they wouldn't take care of the messes. By the time Dad caught them, the stench was overwhelming. There may be better products out there, but baking soda worked.

This may be your salvation: https://www.odorxit.com/ call them:
    PHONE 877-636-7948

They are a local company here in Cincinnati. Contact them and discuss your problem . These folks have special formulations for a variety of odor problems.

carnivore and forager like this.