Bears tearing up trailers here now

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by KYBOY, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    True but once you shoot them they will run off curl up and die , hopefully not under your neighbors house.. lol

elkaholic likes this.
  2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    And we’ll bring you two rubber shotgun shells ,to scare em off with.

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Looking for a place to hibernate and what is better than under a log or cave than under a trailer.

4. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Would pepper spray balls out of a paintball gun work? It definitely works on neighborhood dogs that need an attitude adjustment. And nuisance deer.......... and geese.

elkaholic likes this.
  5. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
  6. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    It was a pain squeezing the old bear into the station wagon but once we got him in there we were on our way to find him a new home. We drove for a while before finally deciding that Floyd County was far enough. Bear had a bad case of the toots....probably from all the garbage he'd eaten off our deck for the last two months. Liked to killed the wife and kids.

Regardless, we hit the Floyd County line and kicked him out. We threw him a bag of stale doughnuts and hi-tailed it out of there. Hopefully he doesn't find his way back "home". Hate to be a burden to others, but we've had our fill. Good luck to the residents of Floyd County.

bondhu, EdLongshanks and Dark Cloud like this.
  7. I met the mayor of Davis WV in his restaurant one day about 20yr ago. I was admiring a large black bear that he had hanging on the wall and asked casually where he killed it. Expecting him to say Maine or Canada, I was surprised and amused to hear him reply, "I kilt that damn thing in my backyard with my 357. It was digging in my trash and scaring the hell out of mah dawgs. I told the game warden it was self defense."

mac0492, bondhu, OLE RASPY and 2 others like this.
  8. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    they worked on me pretty good.. though I have three scars on my left arse cheek where three of them didn't break at close range

9. clearwateralaska

clearwateralaska Fawn

Oct 29, 2018
    Delta Junction
    Bear hunting is not a joke. You should always alert while hunting.

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    I wouldnt tolerate a bear in my yard or on my property. Id say the first kid that gets mauled to death is going to result in an unsanctioned late season bear hunt and all bears in ky will be dead in 2 weeks.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  11. bigbonner

bigbonner 8 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    There is a law that is supposed to protect us if we have animals causing damage or dangerous animals.
    I am saying dangerous animals is in my opinion , if you can not enjoy your property without being afraid of being killed by a bear then you are damaged by enjoyment of a free life .
    KRS150.170
    150.105. DESTRUCTION OR CONTROL OF ANIMALS CAUSING DAMAGE.
    Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, the commissioner may, with the approval of the commission, authorize conservation officers or any other persons to destroy or bring under control in such mariner as he deems necessary any wild animals, fish or wild birds, protected and unprotected, which are causing damage to persons, property or other animals, fish or birds, or spreading diseases, and which in his judgment should be eliminated or controlled to prevent further damage.
    150.170 (8). KILLING OF ANIMALS CAUSING DAMAGE.
    Resident landowners, their spouses or dependent children who kill or trap on their lands any wildlife causing damage to such lands or personal property situated thereon, shall not be required to have a hunting or trapping license. Tenants or their dependent children residing upon said lands shall also have the same privilege. Upon destruction of any wildlife by the above-specified individuals, such act must be reported to the department or the resident conservation officer for the proper disposition of the carcass.
    150.320. BIRDS NOT PROTECTED-NESTS AND EGGS.
    (1)No person shall take any wild bird except game birds or live raptors for which there is an open season, either under the laws of Kentucky and the regulations of the department or the laws of the United States, except those birds mentioned in subsection (2) of this section.
    (2)This chapter does not protect or in any way limit the taking of the crow, the starling or the English sparrow, but any persons taking any of them must have a hunting license.
    (3)No person shall take, disturb or destroy the nest or eggs of any wild birds except for raptors as prescribed by regulation.

carnivore likes this.