Big One

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Duster, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Local paper has a photo and article on a 106 pound 4 1/2 foot long Asian Silver Carp caught on Lake Barkley. Fish was caught by a 84 year old Paducah resident. Hooked in Kentucky lake but pulled his 20 ft long bass boat thru the canal for near 3 miles ending up in Barkley after a one hour 45 minute battle.

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    It'd take a #50 poke of salt to cure the hams on one that big!

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Trying to scan and post a picture of this beast. Old guy was alone when he fowl hooked this thing. Got lucky when another fisherman that was catfishing seen him and got into the old guys boat and help land it. Then he left and went back to fishing himself. The full article said he had drawn quite a crowd watching the battle as he went thru the canal.

big carp0001.jpg

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    I think there's some liberties being taken with the weight of it. That guy makes lifting 106 lbs look awfully easy.

5. jfiscus

jfiscus 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2013
    Kenton County
    I caught a 48" standard carp when I was younger fishing at a lake in Ohio. I took it up to the boat dock thinking it would be a record for the lake, but they didn't want anything to do with a carp. We routinely caught large grass carp back then, but they are larger fish and since they're invasive (and weren't the target species) I've never counted them. The 48" carp I caught took about 45 min of fighting from shore and then I had to climb into the lake to pick it up and get it out. I'd say it was more like 70 lbs, still a heck of a fish for a 12 year old, lol.

inchr48 likes this.
  6. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
  7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Must have been nothing in the article except it was caught on a Tuesday and our local paper comes out once a week on Tuesday.

bondhu likes this.
  8. bondhu

bondhu 8 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run

nock likes this.