Binocular Harness suggestions

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Ash12, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Ash12

Ash12 10 pointer

Oct 21, 2007
    I use a pair of Bushnell binoculars for almost all of my hunting adventures (if you will). The problem I keep running into is that the plastic pieces that connect the binocular to my binocular harness keep breaking. I plan on calling Bushnell on Monday and seeing if they are willing to help me out with a new harness etc because I just ordered a replacement set of plastic pieces. After searching the internet the only type of harnesses I can find are expensive/bulky covers or harnesses that similar to the one I have now. Does anyone have any other suggestions on another type of harness I could look into? Possibly one that loops around the binocular itself?

2. kyduck1

kyduck1 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2012
    Depends on how much you want to spend. Looking for nice top of the line I would check out Kuiu or Alaska Guide Creations. I have the cheap cabelas brand back strap type and it works well for what it is.

3. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Do you mean the plastic pieces on the binocular? Or on the harness itself?

To connect my binos to the hooks on the harness I've used nylon cordage, as well as, small key rings. Both seem to work without issue.

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Crooked horn bino harness.

5. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 8 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Always handy, almost never in the way, even when you're crawling trying to sneak up on a bedded mulie. One of the best investments in hunting gear I ever made.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  6. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    X3 - works great. Bought one after my first trip to Scotland when I had a bino strap failure

7. sdorton

sdorton 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    S4 Gear...I love mine.