Binos

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by WILD, Dec 12, 2017.

1. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Well cornpile I just order the same pair you have since I look through them,they are awsome..thanks man.

2. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Cornpile I just orderd the same pair you have..can't wait to get....they are some great binos for sure...ill let you know when I get,should be 5 days.

Cornpile likes this.
  3. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

I have a pair of Redfield rebel 8x32 that I squirrel hunt with. They are great for that. I tried using them on my wife's elk hunt and they did ok but glassing as much as we were doing, I realized why someone would want better optics. I was ending the day with a headache everyday. After that hunt I was determined to find something better. I got a really good deal on a pair of Vortex Viper 10x42 on optics planet and I honestly have no regrets.

WILD likes this.
  4. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    The one I got you could look through them at 1500 yards and if the deer was still you could count the points,and the are very clear and sharp contrast..couldn't pass on them for the money.and I have looked through them and they are awsome binos for sure.
    Also full lifetime warranty even if you sold them to someone else and no receipt is required eighter,no questions asked....now that right there is awsome customer service in my book..ill keep you guys posted when I get and look through them.thanks for all the help everyone.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  5. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    I think the vipers are a step up,so I know they are great binos.that were I got mine at optic planet,plus lifetime warranty is great also.

6. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    looked throw some Nikon that were 189 and they were not as good.vortex makes some good glass for sure.

7. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Excellent binos for the money. They come with a nice case,padded neck strap,caps for front and back.
    You will like them.

WILD likes this.
  8. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    The one I got you could look through them at 1500 yards and if the deer was still you could count the points,and the are very clear and sharp contrast..couldn't pass on them for the money.and I have looked through them and they are awsome binos for sure.
    Also full lifetime warranty even if you sold them to someone else and no receipt is required eighter,no questions asked....now that right there is awsome customer service in my book..ill keep you guys posted when I get and look through them.thanks for all the help everyone.
    Even at 100 yards you can count the ticks on the deer and see there eyelashes too.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  9. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2006
    Columbia, Ky
    Vortex Diamondbacks can be found occasionally for around that price.

10. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    I talk with a friend of mine and he said he looked through both and for the money he went with the raptors cause he couldn't tell a difference between the two except the price...thanks though but I went ahead and orderd the raptors.

11. supergoat80

supergoat80 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    I have the original Nikon monarchs they were 300 bucks when I bought them. they are great for looking at approaching animals and scanning around. The one day I was useing them where I just stayed on them watching an overgrown mine. wow what you said couldn’t be more true. I got an awful headache and my eyes were so strained.

12. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 6 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    I love my Steiner Predators, hard to beat German optics.

13. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Mine are the Steiner Predator 12x40. A tad big for some applications, but they don’t really get in the way with a good harness.

rockhousehunter likes this.