Bluegill bite

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Mustang, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mustang

Mustang Fawn

Oct 31, 2014
    I aint having good luck with the Bluegills so far this year. Any Suggestions? I been using nightcrawlers and fishing deep I've also fished with floaters at various depths With little to no luck. Also does the color of the fishing line have any effect on bluegills. Ive heard only use clear. Any help is appreciated.

2. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 6 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Not a pro by any stretch of the mind but I'm a two to four pound mono guy with a size 7 split shot and number 6 hook. Crickets only for this guy when it comes to bluegill. I haven't fished for the m this year but caught some pretty nice ones in Cumberland crappie fishing with the ole trusty Bobby Garland.

3. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    what area r good to look for ,for bluegills on lc?main lake ,?up creeks back of creeks? id love to get into some,but dont really now where and how,[what method]

4. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My favorite Spring pattern for 'gills and Crappies is Lily pad beds on the north side of the lake. Pad fields typically have really dark lake bottoms and heat up from the sun getting higher in the sky. As the pads start emerging, they stir up the bottom exposing critters for feed. The edges of the pad beds transition to harder bottom which may also be the spawning areas. I like floating small crappie jigs with tube bodies under a float. Tip with wax worm if you want. Cast, let sit for a minute, twitch, real slowly for a few feet. Settle, twitch, real, repeat....... Good luck!

Gooch likes this.
  5. Mustang

Mustang Fawn

Oct 31, 2014
    Thanks for your Replies, I'm gonna try it today before the storm and see how it goes.

6. Rat

Rat 8 pointer

Oct 9, 2006
    USA
    Small hook with these:
    http://www.berkley-fishing.com/berk...rbait/powerbait-power-honey-worm/1285473.html

I prefer using no weight and no bobber. Very light line or a fly rod. Cast out and look for a strike in the line as the bait very slowly sinks. I've caught everything - shiners, bluegills, crappie, trout, bass, carp - on these things. Bluegill really love them. Can usually make 1 worm last about 10 or more fish. These things are money in a creek or stream.

Gooch likes this.