Bowfishing from road bridges.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by huntingwildman, Apr 28, 2018.

1. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Can U imagine pulling up a 60lb bighead

nock likes this.
  2. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    So you notice a great deal of bow fishing from bridges, where exactly do you notice all of this happening I personally have never seen this before, one fellow said as long as they don't leave the fish to rot and block the road who gives a rats butt, at least they're out doing something productive instead of stealing and using drugs, if I wanted to fight about something I would go after the dummies that throw trash and litter throughout all the side roads

nock likes this.
  3. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    So you think they will administer some severe consequences.....like, no shooting from bridges?

4. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    All ov
    Here is how the Animal Rights lobby works, they will stir up a big public fuss about the unsafe practice of shooting from the road and smear the image of bowfisherman, then they will file suit against the KDFWR for not enforcing the very clear statutes of law...It will be an easy win for them, because there is not one judge in the state who will stick his neck out to defend shooting of any kind from the road....Of course the AR activists true goal is to prevent hunting and fishing, and sorry to say we're handing it to them on a silver platter, with stupid practices like shooting from the road...It's Idiotic.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  5. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    No one is arguing that people shooting from a bridge is legal. I think what a lot of us are saying, is most guys are not going to be shooting from a bridge that is frequented heavily by traffic!! You are acting like we hunters are stupid or something and that makes it a little irritating! Look we get where you are coming from Kapish?!! But there are MUCH BIGGER FISH TO FRY than what your barking about here!! Trust me!!

bondhu, nock and Dark Cloud like this.
  6. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    So what you are saying is it's okay to break the law a little bit?....Sorry, it doesn't matter if it's on an interstate or a gravel back road.... If you minimize this and/or put hunting at risk by any means, you are stupid...It is what it is, anticipate the consequences of your actions.

7. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    What I'm saying is some laws are dumber than others. I don't break the law, but if I saw someone out there on some back country road bow fishing off a bridge I wouldn't think anything of it. Because he wouldn't be bothering me or anyone else for that matter unless your a busy body and have nothing better to do than run around and try to be a pain in the butt to people!!

beauhunter41031 likes this.
  8. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    It doesn't matter in the least if it's a dumb law or good law, we don't get to pick and choose...Your missing where the danger is here, it's not me being a busy body as you say....It's those who want to end fishing and hunting for all time....The bottom line is you guys don't want to do the legwork and get permission to hunt on private lands, and you want to keep shooting from the road...That's borderline retarded right there, considering what's at stake...This isn't some minor thing, regardless of whether you get it or not.

9. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Man I am not trying to aggravate you with this question but have you ever bowfished? I don’t think the desire to hunt from the bridge is to skirt the asking of permission. I think it is because when bowfishing it is beneficial to view things from an elevated position.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  10. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I just don’t understand the pushing of this issue,and trying to bring attention to it.

11. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    Yes, I have bowfished, back in the recurve and line spool days and never felt the need to shoot from a bridge, a high bank or even any slight elevation will work...The reason I'm calling attention to this is that we control our own destiny here for the time being... If we police ourselves, and stop shooting from the road we win....If we wait until those who despise bowfishing take action, we lose.... Our image will be drug through the mud of public perception, then all outdoor interest including, fishing and hunting will lose in the all important arena of public opinion...By calling attention to this preemptively, I'm doing us a favor, not a disservice...I'm not Animal Rights, not anti hunting or fishing....If I were I wouldn't say a word, I would just initiate action myself.

.Make no mistake, this will happen in the near future...The question really is which side of this as a group of outdoorsman do we want to stand on?

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  12. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    People die on the hills of their choosing everyday. You seem to be a pretty passionate fella. Not sure why you are choosing this as your hill to die on but more power to you. It just seems like you are drawing more attention to a nonissue than would be if you’d just let it go or handle it quietly on your own. Good luck with your mission of saving hunting as we know it by stopping bridge bowfishing. Godspeed.

nock, gung and Dark Cloud like this.
  13. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    If that dying on a hill , and Godspeed talk is a veiled threat , I would rethink that if I were you...It is not a non issue, shooting from the road is very much an issue, in fact it is the most serious issue I can think of to cause us future harm...It already has with deer poaching in the minds of the public.

14. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    I hope my hill has a bridge to fish off of.

nock, muddhunter and gung like this.
  15. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Nelson County
    Special little fella here