Bowfishing from road bridges.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by huntingwildman, Apr 28, 2018.

1. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Maybe bowfishing off of bridges is culturally acceptable in some parts, making it a nonissue. Like JD said about the new bridge in LBL. I’m not saying it’s right or it’s wrong, but maybe it’s just an overlooked thing because it’s part of the culture in the area. Whereas in another part of KY it might be looked down upon.

Kind of like shooting grouse from the road like they do pup north rather than using a pointing dog like in Eastern KY.

2. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    That's MISTER special little fella to you sunshine...Pretty sure you wouldn't be so bold in person....Keyboard tough guys...Lol.

3. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    Breaking the law is never a non issue.

4. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Nelson County
    Well mister special little fella, you can find out. I'm easy to find. Just check all your local bridges. I'll be that rank outlaw slingin arras from the curb

gung, nock, muddhunter and 1 other person like this.
  5. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    Not for long

6. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I don't make veiled threats buddy. I have been known to poke a little fun at a pantywaist from time to time but no veiled threats.

7. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Geez Louise man, I didn’t say breaking the law was a nonissue. I said certain cultural practices are nonissues. Therefore, deemed acceptable and overlooked.

It reminds me of the time I was rabbit hunting on the refuge. I asked a CO I passed in the parking lot if he wanted to check me. He took one look at me and said, “Naw, you got a lot of clothes on. I’m sure it would be hard to get to...”

Come to find out, he was waiting to bust some folks he thought were shooting waterfowl after shooting hours. One of those “bigger fish to fry” deals...

8. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Have bow will travel!!!!

Meatstick likes this.
  9. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    I'm hoping he gets it someday! I get what he says about breaking the law. I also get it that there are the Anti's wanting to shut down hunting. But the bow hunters shooting off some local bridges aren't going to be their main focus when they have much bigger options to go after! But he is stuck on this bridge hunting thing!!

Dark Cloud likes this.
  10. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    And you guys are stuck on BREAKING the LAW....Shooting from a bridge is BREAKING the LAW...Bigger fish to fry excuse is no argument...It should bother you to no end that your out of compliance, but oh no, we aren't hurting anyone so we are going to continue...Not hard to see how the anti's will shred you inbreds, in a battle of wits you are unarmed soldiers.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  11. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Nelson County
    Inbreds huh?

12. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah you did, your just not man enough to admit it.

13. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Ok pal. Where do you want to meet? I’m not doing anything for the next five minutes or so.

14. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    bondhu likes this.