Bowfishing from road bridges.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by huntingwildman, Apr 28, 2018.

1. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    So how many of you guys drive a car/truck?? Ever defy the law and drive 56 in a 55 or heaven forbid 36 in a 35???? GASP!!! Listen Hunting wild, everyone here hears ur argument. Bow fishing may be another angle that some Left wing piece of shit tries' to take our rights and privileges but it is no bigger an issue than any of the others. You see it as a bigger issue, that is all we are trying to say. Having this damn 5 page conversation is just fuel to the fire if they do decide to. You arguing with every other person on this forum is why issues like this do end up tearing our sport apart. Open your eyes and see it from all perspectives not just your own and you may have some clarity in what we are saying.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    Special little fellow huh?

3. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    Lol, You wouldn't show, and if you did you would never even get out of the truck....You would run like a skeered little girl.

4. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    Let's see we have justified shooting from the road with comparisons to speeding, saying that breaking the law is a non issue, saying that if the culture in the area was okay with it, breaking the law wouldn't matter, insinuated that a conservation officer would be ashamed to enforce this law if a father and son were shooting off a road together, said that if a bridge has a walking deck built on it shooting from the road is okay, advocates of shooting from the road first to resort to name calling "special little fella", then offered to whip my arse for follow up name calling, and pointing it all out about illegal road shooting, just generally not liking what I have to say, etc...Then basically saying that if the practice gets banned it's my fault for calling attention to it....Are you guys hearing yourselves?...It's no wonder the anti's are winning, your not smart enough to follow the law, project positive images to the public, or even realize that we are under the magnifying glass of public opinion, and most of all your attitude of non compliance of the law( regardless of reason) shows a stunning immaturity, and inability to anticipate the consequences of your actions....Pitiful!

5. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Question for you As Luvtohunt said above about speeding. Have you ever gone over the speed limit in your life? And if so, that puts you in the same category as the bow fishing off the bridge people. Like you said, breaking the law is breaking the law!!

Dark Cloud likes this.
  6. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    I believe you're going to be a real ASSet to this forum. It's good to have you

nock likes this.
  7. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Bla bla Balhahahahaha:p they got that transgender bathroom straightened out now where going to outlaw bow fishing from bridges.:p This has the potential of another dog ate the cheese thread.

nock likes this.
  8. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    If it becomes a big enough issue that I hear about it on the 5 o'clock news I will throw you some support until that time I'm just sitting back and laughing my butt off at this thread

9. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Ok so I never once resorted to name calling but since u now have called me both pitiful, ignorant, and immature I guess I could throw some shade ur way too but I'll take the high road. We respect ur opinion, but that's all it is an opinion. We also are granted the privilege to have our own and have mostly exercised it with class. I myself, though I don't bowfish, will continue to fish off a bridge should I choose. If I get a ticket, I will chalk it up to my hard headedness, just like you should chalk it up that this thread is one mans opinion versus like 30 other men's opinion. To insinuate that WE all are all ignorant, law breaking, pitiful immature brats is bold and deserves but one of your own quotes "Pretty sure you wouldn't be so bold in person....Keyboard tough guys...Lol". I myself will bow out now and enjoy the comments like the rest of the fellas laughing as I have now said my piece!!

muddhunter likes this.
  10. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    The way I see it is that hunting laws change all the time what’s illegal this year might be legal next year, just because someone setting behind a desk changes a few words makes it right, game wardens have the ability to enforce what’s laws that they want to and I just don’t see this being one of them

11. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    You proved your point that bowfishing from a bridge is illegal, but I'm curious what you mean when you say "antis are winning".

12. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    rlb165, your avatar pic looks like a perfect bridge to bow fish on

muddhunter, nock and rlb165 like this.
  13. huntingwildman

huntingwildman Spike

Feb 13, 2007
    You ask a great question...All you have to do is look to trapping....You think fishing and hunting is safe?...Heck no, trapping is the canary in the well, it's a nationwide barometer on the all out Outdoorsman vs. Anti struggle...Want to head this off?....Join your state and national trappers associations because they are the battleground!...Anti's make no bones, it's trapping first, then all hunting, then gun ownership...It's right there to see on their playbook, they aren't hiding anything, they have come right out in the open....Who do you think promotes all these saturday morning animal shows for kids that condemn hunting and trapping?...Who has caused the banning of the foothold trap in many states?...Who lobbied the fashion industry to shun fur? ...HSUS, PETA, Friends of Animals, etc...All of them sworn enemies of Outdoorsman.

They have united with environmentalist too...Bans on lead shot, no access or roadless wilderness areas.

Go to any elementary school in the nation and ask kids to draw picures of hunting and trapping...I guarantee they will portray cruelty.

We have so many hawks now they are affecting small game populations...Can't shoot them anymore, guess why?

Eveything above was formed by public opinion, compare now to 1970...We are LOSING....And you guys want to shoot from the road?...You want the highly visible bridge shooting form of bowfishing whom the animal groups have described as "vandalism" to be the most public ambassador of outdoorsman?

Rotting fish left on bridge decks, trash left at bridges, trucks jamming up traffic flow, trespassing on neighboring properties, shooting at all hours of the night right next to houses....But most of all shooting weapons from the road, and the common knowledge that it's illegal.

Wow, let me guess, you guys still can't quite wrap your heads around this?

14. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    LOL!!
    That's our secret spot. Never bowfished there though.

15. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I don’t bowfish,use too years ago in mich.I still thank its fishing.Anyway if it’s against the law to shot a fish from the road,wouldn’t it be against the law to shot a fish from a vehicle.