Boyd/Greenup Co. Hunting

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by VinVega, Oct 14, 2003.

1. VinVega

VinVega 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2003
    Flatwoods, KY, USA.
    Anyone know public hunting grounds in Boyd or Greenup Counties? Shooting ranges would be nice, too. But definitely need a place to hunt deer! Thanks!

2. VinVega

VinVega 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2003
    Flatwoods, KY, USA.
    WMA's that allow rifles in any county NEAR Boyd or Greenup would be nice, too.
    Anything?

3. Finn209

Finn209 Cyber-Hunter

Mar 13, 2003
    Lewisburg, KY. USA
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VinVega</i>
    <br />WMA's that allow rifles in any county NEAR Boyd or Greenup would be nice, too.
    Anything?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm not very familiar with you area, but you might look over the page below and call some of the phone numbers at the bottom of it.

http://www.kyafield.com/wmaguide.asp

[​IMG]

4. deer03

deer03 Spike

Oct 20, 2003
    there is not any public land in greenup or boyd

5. They do have a deer quota hunt at Greenbo Lake state park though,plenty of deer in that country.

6. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    No public land that I'm aware of in those counties, but Lawrence, Carter, and Lewis have WMA's.
    Northeastern Fish and Game Club just off of I-64 at Cannonsburg has the best range facilities in East KY. They are having a hunter education course Oct. 28, 29 6 PM. You can check it out then.