Bullfrog hunting

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by ksp965, Nov 11, 2003.

1. ksp965

ksp965 Cyber-Hunter

Aug 24, 2003
    Whitesburg, KY, USA.
    Just out of curiosity, how many out their regularly hunt Bullfrogs? What techniques and equipment do you use? What is your favorite recipe? Got any interesting tales?

Myself, i use a little pump .22 with hollowpoint shorts. I like to use a small aluminum boat with a trolling motor and a 1,000,000 candle power spotlight. I don't have any special recipe, just roll 'em in meal and flour, toss 'em in the hot grease. Only good tale is when we tried to hunt a couple of old strip mine ponds in Perry County. After shooting 4 or 5 copperheads swimming to our light, we gave up and got the heck out of there. They were still a lot more snakes, not so many shells left, and no more nerve what so ever.

2. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    I gig when I can. You mentioned flour, meal and grease. Throw in some garlic powder, salt and pepper and GIVE ME A CALL!!!![:p][:p]

3. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    I catch the little rascals with my hands. Both recipes are in line with what I use. With the 1,000,000 candle power light, one can simply skin and eat.[:D] Did any of those snakes have BLUE TAGS in their ears?

4. ksp965

ksp965 Cyber-Hunter

Aug 24, 2003
    Whitesburg, KY, USA.
    Birdman, if you want to get close enough to see if they got ears I'll be glad to take you back there and hold the light from a looong distance.[:D]

P.S. One of my young hunters got a four pointer this a.m.

5. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    The Tin Foil Mansion
    Congrats to the young hunter!!! Another life-long hunter I hope!!!

<hr noshade size="1">
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!!

Reloaders Haul Brass!