BUSTED!!

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by raktrakr, Nov 21, 2002.

1. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    thought id share this with y'all
    Deer/Turkey Poaching Ring Broken Up In Ohio
    Ohio wildlife officers say they’ve shut down a poaching ring that centered around a Jefferson County, Ohio, deer and turkey check station with the arrests Monday morning of eight people, including the shop owners.

Keith Beebee, and Karen Beebee, owners of K&L Sports in Richmond, Ohio, were the focus of the investigation. Also cited were Ken Dorsey, Michael G. Maurer, and Brian Benner, of Bloomingdale; Curtis H. Judy, and Steven Gamron, of Richmond; and James A. Schrecengost of Cortland.

Ohio Division of Wildlife (DOW) officials say they’ve filed more than 70 counts of illegally tagging and killing wild turkeys and white-tailed deer, over-harvesting deer and turkeys, spotlighting and shooting deer outside of the state’s hunting season and tagging deer in other hunters’ names. The investigation is continuing and DOW officials say more people are involved in the poaching operation. Additional charges are expected to be filed within the next few days.

raktrakr
    >>----->

2. Pooge

Pooge Cyber-Hunter

Oct 7, 2002
    Louisville, KY, USA.
    What could a person possibly gain from doing this? Are they selling meat, hides, etc.? Cant afford meat? I really dont understand the mentality.

3. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    id say...GREED!! or they just dont know how to hunt

raktrakr
    >>----->

4. JAult

JAult Spike

Dec 11, 2001
    Florence, KY, USA.
    POW!! GOTCHA NOW! IT"S TIME TO PAY FOR YOUR STUPIDITY.

That is some great news there. I'm thinking hanging them above spikes with their finger nails pierced to a board would be good punishment.

5. NitroHunter

NitroHunter 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2002
    Jeremiah, Kentucky.
    Hope they put them under the jail. people like that need to be made an example of.[:(!]

6. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    So what was the motivation. I mean heck it's easy to poach a deer why did they feel the need to tag these deer and Turkey.

My thought is they were selling them on Ebay and needed to be tagged in order to get taxidermy completed. Then list on ebay presto the cash is rolling in. It could not have been for meat and hides because they could come to KY and get them for 6 dollars a doe. (Turkeys heck they could have just raised turkeys)!

Silly folks they should have just learned taxidermy and not worry about the whole check in process.

Clearly Ebay is to blame and should be outlawed.

7. taggedout

taggedout 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2001
    ky, USA.
    Since there are no check stations in KY anymore we wont have to worry about this kind of poaching going on here, right![B)]

Grummybear