Cabelas

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Side-by-side, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Side-by-side

Side-by-side Fawn

Dec 18, 2011
    Hay guys and girls Cabelas is opening their new store in Lexington on March 16th going to be a fun time get there early.

2. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Pass. Give it a month or two and I'll check it out.

3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I get to go on the 15th being a long time Cabelas Visa holder [emoji16]. However I know it's going to be like the one in L'ville and not a "real" Cabelas. If you guys want to see an awesome Cabelas take a weekend and head to Wheeling. With that being said, I'll check it out on the 15th and post some info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bmgillum

bmgillum 6 pointer

Jun 15, 2008
    SE Kentucky
    The wife and I will be there...we have been to 12 different Cabelas including their flagship store in Nebraska, Wheeling, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Buda, etc...

Cheers/bg

5. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    I can't tell the difference between louisville cabelas and dicks, except for maybe cabelas has more jacked up diesel trucks and dbags at the gun counter boring the crap outta the poor sob behind the counter with their cousins neighbor's brothers big buck story.

6. JonDunn

JonDunn 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2005
    Up the holler
    I went in the one in Lexington last week. It is nice looking in there.

7. bmgillum

bmgillum 6 pointer

Jun 15, 2008
    SE Kentucky
    Really?...go back into Cabelas and look for golf equipment, bicycles, soccer balls or any of the rest of the foo foo crap that Dick's carries...

Cheers/bg

8. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    I frequent the cabelas in Louisville. I don't go in there looking to be entertained and am thankful that it's there as they do have a lot better selection than anywhere else in town unless you cross the bridge to BPS.

9. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    There way to expensive on most things IMO but their clothing is top notch.

10. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    They are more expensive but some things like gamagatsu #1 octopus hooks arent carried by walmart, meijers, or even pepper tackle. Have to try to catch Catfish Jeffs open, hit cabelas or drive across the bridge to BPS. They are way too expensive on most things but still glads its there. Wish it was closer to the south end though.

11. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    FWIW, I'll take Cabelas any day over Dick's. I think BPS falls in the middle, but closer to Dick's for me.

12. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    I like the cabelas brand and I think they carry nicer stuff than bps. Also glad to see an alternative to sportsmanship.

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I order from cabelas fairly regularly..A lot of hooks and stuff I use cant be bought local, I have to get a lot of stuff online.

14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Yes they are. I've gotten a pretty good stock of clothes from their but bought them over time in the bargain cave. What I'm hoping for even though it's not the "big" Cabelas I hoped for is that I can order stuff and have delivered to the store and not pay S/H. I live in Lex so it would be convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    I agree. Cabelas is better, just not by as much as I had hoped. Theyre convenient for me so I go there when I really really need something. which isn't often.