Campground near Central City

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Tom Threetoes, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    We noticed a campground south of Central City, near the WK Parkway, while on a scouting trip Sunday. I intended to stop and check it out on the way back home, but we had to leave unexpectedly and didn't get the chance. Have any of you all ever looked it over? Do you have a phone number? Thanks, Tom.

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

try....270-754-0345 western KY rv park

3. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    Thanks, Duster, for that phone #. My buddy got a call from home and we didn't have a chance to check it out.

4. joekat46

joekat46 8 pointer

Jun 19, 2003
    North Port, Fl.
    Yes - It is a very nice campground set up for full hook up units. There was no shower room or clubhouse. All sites have sewer, electric (30 & 50 amp) and water. I stayed there in the spring during turkey season. It was $20.00 a night then.

5. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    Thanks Joekat, that's what I wanted to know.

6. ffmedic

ffmedic Fawn

Oct 29, 2003
    berea, ky.
    there is a campground on hwy 70 between central city and madisonville. we stay there a lot during huniting season. its not bad. good and close to peabody, and the guy who runs it, mr. walker is pretty good to us. if interested let me know and i can get his number.

when ever possible, take a kid hunting. they are the future.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Also another near Drakesboro thats fairly new. I looked for a number but came up empty except for this, Gregory lake farm, two numbers 270-476-3908 and 270-476-9223. The name of the campground is Gregory lake campground. It is on the road that you turn towards Paradise out of Drakesboro on except the other direction at the 431 intersection. Might put you closer to your hunting area and the little store in Drakeboro is open 24 hr's for wakeup coffee...LOL.

8. gregcincy

gregcincy 6 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    Cincinnati
    Is there not a campground near Beaver Dam? Like somewhere in Ohio county? Anyone know?