Camping/ Hunting KY in Nov

Discussion in 'Camping' started by Tufrthnails, Jul 1, 2016.

1. jblack1

jblack1 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2005
    Science Hill
    You might also look at renting a camper for a week.

2. snortwheeze

snortwheeze 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2004
    I spend the first week of November in a tent in southern Illinois last year. Sportsmans warehouse -20 mummy bag, a cot & Buddy Heater. Got it warm with heater, warmed a hot water bottle on campfire & slept with it in the mummy bag. I was afraid to sleep with the heater on, so I turned it off as soon as I was settled. Got pretty cool those nights but I stayed warm. Getting up & dressed wasn't so warm.

3. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    I camp LBL every November, cheat a little though in a heated travel trailer. I have tent camped, by myself, in a tent in January there, out in the woods. Smaller 20 degree backpackers bag inside of a cheap big bag. I could keep everything warm but my nose. Middle of night a pack of coyotes ran something by ,got up to pee once, and was shaking so bad my teeth were actually chattering by the time I got done and back in my bag. When I got up in the morning my water and tooth paste were froze, as it was 20 degrees. Climbed a tree and hunted until noon. Sound miserable ? I had a blast. Nothing like the peace and quiet, and time to reflect with no one else in the world there. It was a equipment test of my backpacking gear, and it all passed. I did cheat by having the bigger bag enveloping the small bag, but a space blanket, or silk bag liner would have gotten me by. I say go for it !

4. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    Most campgrounds in LBL are closed by November, but a few are still open. Energy lake, wranglers. Get a site with electric hook up and put electric heater in tent.