can any body recomend a hog hunting place down south

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by hut, Sep 7, 2016.

1. hut

hut 6 pointer

Sep 18, 2005
    logan county
    Thinking of making a trip down south to do some hog hunting in October. Florida Georgia Alabama Mississippi Louisiana. Don't really matter to much which state. Would prefer a day time hunt, and not interested in high fence hunting. This will be a family trip so would like to find something decent. Any one have place they have been or can recommend. thanks

2. Joe Meeks - Tellico Plains, TN. Located adjacent to the Cherokee Natl Forrest. With or without dogs and the guides are competent. But, it is fenced. Very large area though. Joe was old when I was there 20yrs ago and may or may not still be in business. Pigs were large (200lbs+) mostly black and made for a exciting hunt. Lots of cudzu on the property. Largest boar was 325 lbs and was taken with a 45acp 230g HP with one shot. If you want wide open spaces, Texas or Florida may be your best bet.

Irish

3. Dustin Smitty

Dustin Smitty Fawn

Sep 7, 2016
    Looking to sell a fully upgraded S&W M&P15 300 Blackout if interested. $1300, I put 1k in parts and accessories in it. Great rifle for hunting hog.

4. hut

hut 6 pointer

Sep 18, 2005
    logan county
    Naw I got plenty of guns just looking for a place to go hog hunting.

5. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    No sure if it's still open or not. But me and a buddy went to a place called RedHawk plantation. It was about a hour south of Macon Georgia. I think in 2001. I killed a boar with my bow. They were covered up with them. I told another friend about it he and his father went. And both killed. They went around 08/09. And it had changed hands by then.