Canada picture (MEAN DUDE)

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Hammer, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    Didn't really know where to post this guy, but I think it's rather unique. BTW, he didn't come to a whistle [:D]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MQ1ofKy

MQ1ofKy 6 pointer

Dec 9, 2001
    Finchville, Ky, USA.
    I guess I can pull the reward posters down that my wife put on the corner...You found my Lab. "Charcoal"......LOL...Beautiful mount...
    )))-->
    Mike

3. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    I don't know what to say[8)]

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I prayed every trip I made to Manitoba bear hunting I would get a shot at one of those. Close as we came to any was two that were headed for the highway an as soon as I touched the brake they hauled out of there. Didn't stop till near a half mile across a wheat field at the woodline. Beautiful mount woudn't want to trade it for a blond bear mount would ya...LOL.

5. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    It was a big, dominant, alpha male, leader of the pack, wolf. Just happens to be a black one.

6. shoot270

shoot270 Fawn

Sep 26, 2002
    frankfort, ky, USA.
    thanks, I didn't have a clue.

7. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    The wolves in Alaska are at least twice that big.

It looks like a dog to me. A guy from T-ville lake shot one in Alberta a few years back that he though was a wilf untill the Indian that owned it came looking for his pet. He already had it at the skinner getting ready for mounting, so we didn't tell him what it really was.

But regardless it is a good mount. Who did it??

8. BigDaddy

BigDaddy 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2002
    BOWLING GREEN, KY, USA.
    Nice trophy and mount!!! I bet that joker sticks out in the snow[8D]

I'd rather be huntin....

9. bmsexton

bmsexton Fawn

Nov 6, 2002
    Woodbridge, VA, USA.
    Interesting! This cannot possibly be a wolf [;)], because I saw a gray/brown timber wolf, not a coyote or dog, in Fleming County on November 23rd, 2002 when I was there hunting. The two animals look almost exactly alike. The black wolf actually looks more dog-like than the wolf that I saw. The animal that I saw looked just like the middle picture on this page: http://www.kerwoodwolf.com/TIMBER.htm I thought perhaps it was a wolf that someone had tried to keep as a pet and then turned loose. I sent an e-mail to KDFWR. I need not have bothered. I guess if someone isn't a "so-called wildlife expert," then he/she cannot possibly know what a wolf looks like. Bull! I deleted the e-mail address and individual's name, but this was the response that I received.

Subject: Wolves
    Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:55:04 -0500

There are no wolves in Kentucky or in any state near Kentucky. Wolves
    are a
    wilderness animal and need huge expanses of territory to survive. The
    closest wolves are in northern Wisconsin or the upper pennisuala of
    Michigan.

Wildlife Diversity Program Coordinator

10. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    I have seen 1 wolf in my life. It was one that was owned by a guy in Lexington. bmsexton, you are 100% correct about one thing. When you see a wolf, you know it's a wolf. It don't look nothing like a dog or 'yote! They look like everything you imagined in the fairy tails.