Cave run lake

Discussion in 'Camping' started by Bohannon, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Bohannon

Bohannon 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2017
    Floyd
    Planning a camping/kayaking trip to cave run in April. Are there any good places to "backcountry camp or are they all campgrounds Only? Any ideas or tips on where to camp or put in at for good fishing?

2. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    My brother camps down there and goes boating all the time. I think they stay in the campgrounds. I don't know for sure if you can camp anywhere though that is not a campground.

Bohannon likes this.
  3. Munson

Munson 8 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Pretty sure it's almost surrounded by national forrest. Don't cost nothing to pitch a tent at clay lick boat ramp best of my memory. Lakeside view

Bohannon likes this.
  4. Munson

Munson 8 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Edit; just seen noticed u said kayak. This part of the lake gets busy during peak warm temps.. might be dicey with all the joy riders..skiers etc..
    U might enjoy the licking river better

Bohannon likes this.
  5. Bohannon

Bohannon 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2017
    Floyd
    Umm check that ramp out. As long as we can primitive camp near the water we're good. Thanks!

6. Regulator623

Regulator623 10 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    Check out the Long Bow portion of the lake...it's not quite as busy and would be a secure place to leave your vehicle overnight. I'm thinking you can camp anywhere along the lake shore, so long as you're 300 feet or so away from the water.

Bohannon likes this.
  7. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    I'd look at the upper part of the lake. Most of it is NF land. The only rules I know is you have to camp a few hundred feet from the shore.

Bohannon likes this.