cental ky wildlife area

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by scastle, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:34 AM.

1. scastle

scastle 6 pointer

Mar 4, 2011
    anyone hunting around there?not looking for no ones spot. is it packed out like every where else.looking for some where to take my 13yr old daughter with pretty easy walking.thanks

2. Huntertyler

Huntertyler Spike

Nov 3, 2014
    Madison county
    The times I've hunted there and scouted have not been the most promising. Big long strips of uncut grass and such. Seemed like the times I was there the turkeys were no where to be found.

3. HeatLightnin

HeatLightnin Fawn

Feb 14, 2016
    The majority of the turkeys in that area I have seen are on neighboring farms. I have seen a few fly to roost while bowhunting there; so what I mean is there are turkeys there but you typically won't see them out in the open due to all the field trials and guys running their dogs constantly.

4. nontypical2002

nontypical2002 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2006
    What piece of property are you fellas talking about?

5. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    They are talking about Miller-Welch wma in Madison county.

6. nontypical2002

nontypical2002 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2006
    Thanks Strutter...thought it have been that Kleber WMA. Do anyone happen to know anything about that place......

7. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    Kleber and Rich both have lots of deer and turkey but they both get a ton of pressure as well. Best to go during the week as there are fewer hunters then.

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Not hunted but know 2/3 areas and a few people that hunt them. For Miller-Welch blaze your own trail and go toward the Red Lick side. Will be hunting deep woods but less traveled and holds some big turkeys. I grew up close to MW. Currently I hunt some land close to Kleber. KDFWR bought a 500 + ac. Farm that connects to Kleber off Minors Branch Rd. If you can find a place to park and access from that side, it would be your best bet. I don't know Rich. I would describe both Kleber and MW as "tough hunts". Good luck.