Child goes to the gun range, cops question him at school

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by forager, Apr 25, 2018.

1. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Those are some pretty large blanket statements that you are making.

In the case of this assistant principal that yelled at my friend, yes, she is a social justice warrior with no respect for anyone serving under her. She uses her position to bully people, and plays politics in a way that does not help the school. My friend has told me that she is leaving the school after this year and may or may not stay in education due to the horrible leadership that she has experienced.

However, there are some good folks out there in positions of power who still fight the good fight and help their communities. Xbokilla seems to be one of the few of the old school who are still trying to do the right thing. I think that there are a lot of educated service deliverers who feel and act the same way that he does.

What sucks is how the bad folks get in charge and hard it is to get them out. That's what seems to be happening with some of the Sheriffs deputies in Florida. Imagine all the other good law enforcement officers having to put up with their crap everyday.

2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Your not only wrong, you're dead wrong.

To say everyone teaching at an institution of higher learning has nothing but a progressive ideology, and is bent on reeducation of the masses is blatantly false. I'm positive it does happen, and it's true I'm almost 20 years removed from attending college, but I never, not once, felt a professor was trying to sway my mind to some progressive idea. My wife is 2 year removed from her 2nd degree, and I can assure you she would both tell you the same, and is firmly grounded in common sense.

3. Where is it coming from then if not school? Hollyweird and other entertainers via social media? I have no doubt there is a liberal wave coming from the younger generations in the coming years and the propaganda necessary for that had/has to come from somewhere. Lol, these kids aren’t suddenly more enlightened than the rest of us.

BTW, I attended college locally in the 90s and like you I didn’t feel any liberal indoctrination but maybe that’s a regional university in a conservative state vs Berkeley issue on whether it’s in your face or subtle.

4. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I'd say it's a general societal issue, that happens to manifest itself within a college campus in certain cases. And yes, from birth now a child will be slammed from several different angles with political and social propaganda. It's up to us as parents to prepare them for this as we raise them. It's not going to stop, nor should it based on the first amendment. If a person that's 18 or above changes their outlook on life based on such actions, then I question their mental fortitude to begin with.

5. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    What troubles me is the lack of critical thought that adults fail to impart on youth today. Too many parents pass on ignorance and hate. School curriculum ties educators to ideals passed down by administrations that are absent from the realities of the classroom. Too often, college courses are taught by instructors who isolate themselves from reality in their Ivory Towers.

Social media with its emotionally based click bait goads impressionable youth to adopt mob mentality and hysteria over reason and logic.

There is more access to information today than any other time in history if people choose to research different perspectives, and create their own.

The young man who chose to learn about the AR 15 and share his experience on social media. Thankfully, this kid was not dissuaded from certain community intimidation and instead turned the situation into a teachable moment about constitutional rights and those in positions of power who want to limit them.

6. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    Here's the original quote I was referring to:

"I have noticed that as the level of Higher Education increases.....
    The level of Common Sense Decreases........
    Jest Sayin....."

Granted, I should have probably said JR was 95% correct instead of 100% but we all know there are exceptions to every rule. My personal experience is that once they get caught up in that environment, they are just like politicians and go along to get along.

I've got 2 cousins who are college professors and they are complete idiots when it comes to common sense; brilliant in their fields but idiots none the less. I'm glad your wife is not one of them and happy that she associates with others who are not but if common sense isn't flying out the window at institutes of higher learning, how do you account for the contempt for American Conservative Values espoused by the vast majority of those that express themselves in public? Is there a silent majority hiding behind the football stadiums? Who votes and works for the "progressive" politicians at almost every major university? Take a good look at the screwballs who are elected in university cities.

7. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Again, I believe it to be a societal issue that happens to manifest on college campuses. And I agree that there are certain faculty at institutions of higher learning that act as you say, but to generalize it as it being a majority I believe to be wrong. I also believe it to be wrong that the majority of kids that attend it are low on common sense, and come out 4 years later, transformed from conservative ideals to liberal progressives. It simply isn't happening on a grand scale IMO.

And yeah, I believe there exists a silent majority who simply deal with it, get their education and go on to live their lives. Those who are mentally built to do so, aren't the loud mouth protesting types that get the vast majority of the media attention.

forager likes this.
  8. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Any of y'all ever been to Berea College in Berea Kentucky?.?
    Or had any acquaintances attend there.
    I went to EKU years ago and even then we would drive down there to look at the Hippies.
    Also. I do have recent knowledge of what is been taught there now. I knew it was a hotbed of liberals but I was appalled at what goes on there now.