Clark County Hog

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by GSP, Jan 9, 2003.

1. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Flintlock, Salty. Any of you guys see the hog that was killed in Clark Co during ML season?

2. Salty

Salty 8 pointer

Mar 21, 2002
    Winchester, KY
    Yeah, I saw it. Small, solid black sow, looked like it was about 20" tall (give or take) and my guess on the weight would be about 35-40 lbs. Should have weighed it but didn't think to do so. It had tusks about 2.5" to 3" long. Favored one of those pet pigs which were popular several years ago, didn't look like a regular hog.

The fellow took it to Chandler's for processing. That's about all I know.

3. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    I saw the pix today. I work with Bill, the guy that shot it. It was a wild hog for sure.
    I heard all about it and I'm happy for him.
    I love your post <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">my guess on the weight would be about 35-40 lbs<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> (I would guess about the same). Kinda funny how his story had it up in the 110-120 pound class by the finish![:)]

4. Salty

Salty 8 pointer

Mar 21, 2002
    Winchester, KY
    The weight differential was probably due to "ground shrinkage", happens frequently with deer.

5. Hunt n nut

Hunt n nut 6 pointer

Aug 17, 2002
    Does anyone have a picture of this on the net? 2.5-3" tusk on a 40lb. boar is pretty uncommon. I'd like to take a look at it if someone has one.

6. Salty

Salty 8 pointer

Mar 21, 2002
    Winchester, KY
    Nope.......I don't have a picture, saw it for a couple of minutes & made a guess on the above. I didn't measure so they may not be that big, although they were very prominent.

7. ky_longbow

ky_longbow 6 pointer

Aug 22, 2002
    irvine, ky, USA.
    someone please get us a pic of this dwarf tusker,and post it