Commission to vote on Resident License fees

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bird whisperer, May 25, 2017.

1. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    I don't think anyone here is saying they want to change all of Kentucky's wildlife rules and regulations?

2. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers Spike

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Personally I think property rights are equal to Life, Liberty and Property. As outlined by John Locke in the initial draft of the Declaration of Independence. It was changed by Thomas Jefferson to The Pursuit of Happiness. Non the less. The pursuit of happiness on my own land is to kill or grow what I want or to not kill or grow what I want.

3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    That's what's wrong with this country now. Lots of people think if the rules are not in their favor that it should be changed in their favor. Non-resident is just what it says. Pay the fee and be happy that it's not a draw state. If people have enough money to live in one state and own land in another, they aren't hurting that bad for money anyways. A few extra dollars for non resident tags isn't going to break that person.

4. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    If Kentucky was a draw state and I owned 4000 acres and lived In another state I'm pretty sure I could still buy my tag and hunt. Your missing the point. If someone lives out of state and buys land in another state pays taxes on their own damn dirt has a house built and so on then they should get in state deer tag prices that's my option agree or disagree with it. And that should have nothing to do with one mans hard earned money.

5. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    I'm not missing your point at all. I understand most people work hard for what they got. Like I stated if a person can afford multiple farms in different states a few mores dollars to pay for non resident tags is not a big deal to get worked up about. That's my opinion on it.

Carl, KY Swamp Beagler and Mxcmxc like this.
  6. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I believe most of that except that there was small game in KY. The only thing that thrives here is an animal that requires no maintenance just turn them loose and say don't shoot them . There used to be a few more small critters around because of agricultural practices and major timbering but never because of anything KY did.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Your missing one part. Kentucky unlike Indiana the Fish And Wildlife departments are funded different. Indiana get their money from the general fund where Kentucky is self funded by license sales. So the KDFW do not get one dime of your fathers property tax money.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  8. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    Good point I'm glad you brought that up takes us back to the point of this post! Hopefully this proposed bill on raising in state license fees goes through! Maybe the state can pay a few more conservation offices to work the back roads for trespassers and poaching that goes on around here. Maybe some more money for hog control before
    they explode into every county in the state and so on!

9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    BOOM, Knocked that softball out of the park

Mxcmxc likes this.
  10. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "

There was never a political oriented bill or any type of legislation to raise in state license fees.

As this was simply a proposal from KDF&WR's which has to be presented to and voted on by the commission. Which to my understanding the vote was postponed at the last commission meeting. Which could be a case it may or may not be revisited any time soon....and if it does ...it probably wont be in the form presented.

Being one sticking point .... resident sportsmen felt in-state increases also warranted out-of-state license increases.

Which you got to love these type of threads & post...... as you have an NR stirring the pot a little wanting a reciprocal agreement concerning the landowner exemption. As its all good & well to have civil discussions and anyone's prerogative on these boards. But in the background ...it may strike a discord with a few residents that convey that to their commissioners ...and may very well accomplish nothing but to drive up NR license fees even further.

Kinda funny when you think about it.

11. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
  12. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    It's all good boys! That's what a forum is for to post ones options some people just get bent out of shape because they don't agree with another mans opinion.

13. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    I own a farm in KY. but live out of state. That being said, I do not feel I should pay resident license
    fees as I am still a Non Resident. Its just that simple! Now I would be bent out of shape should the state go to a draw system (which I don't believe they ever will as they make to much money on NR Licenses) and not excempt the Non Resident land owners that owned property before the draw was implemented. Because if KY. was a draw State when I was looking to purchase my farm I would have never considered buying property there no matter how good the hunting was. But I do feel that KY. will raise the NR license fees soon and continue to raise the resident fees as well because with each year the number of hunters is decreasing as this new generation wants nothing to do with it. So the State will have to continue raising the fees to make up for the shortfall in the hunters.

KY Swamp Beagler likes this.
  14. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    I agree with all that.. I don't in any way feel I should pay In state license fees I have no problem paying them. I guess the only thing I feel uncertain about is out of state land owners paying out of state license fees I don't feel I'm that out of line with that opinion.

15. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Regardless of your residency status, hunting in KY is a hell of a bargain compared to many states.

Mxcmxc likes this.