Commission to vote on Resident License fees

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bird whisperer, May 25, 2017.

1. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc Spike

Dec 3, 2016
    This is true

2. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Hey give me a minute. I need to run down to the neighbors place. He has a dead horse I need to beat.
    I am going back to the how to kill a ground hog thread.

Marsh CallUser and katlynn like this.
  3. gdb

gdb Fawn

Oct 9, 2013
    Central Kentucky
    I was told by present LKS members at the KDFWR Commission meeting on Friday Sept. 8th that they did indeed raise the Senior/disabled license to $18 starting next year. Will follow with verification asap.

4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

People who think this have never really compared licenses except to the few over priced states like Illinois.

Bottom line is Kentucky is a heavily taxed state, especially for the southern part of the US.
    What they really need to do is get someone in office that knows how to manage money.

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Only one small problem....KDFW don't receive any tax money from the general fund.

6. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    They get federal tax money. One of the reason why they want the retiree license kicked up as so they can use those number to increase the ratio to get more federal funding. But to me, it takes advantage of the generation who basically even started the conservation/restoration. Half of the guys in this age group I know don't even hunt or fish anymore, but they still buy a license. Not sure they'll be doing that anymore. I wouldn't. It takes advantages of them and disrepects their past commitments

Dark Cloud likes this.
  7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Point taken. However, according to this article the $5 senior license charge was supposed to just be a token fee so they could count the elderly and receive more federal dollars.
    If they raise the fees and the license count goes down because of it then what are they gaining?

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...in-kentucky-hunting-fishing-funding/80639982/

8. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    When you consider price, success rates and public land opportunities we have it pretty good. I'm not following you on how KY taxes figure into what we pay to play. That's a whole other issue.

9. gdb

gdb Fawn

Oct 9, 2013
    Central Kentucky