Commission to vote on Resident License fees

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bird whisperer, May 25, 2017.

1. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Best deal is pay another $20, 2 more turkeys and bring your fishing pole. This is the damnedest thread I have ever seen. I am with the mind of do the increase in a fair manner a percentage across the board. Senior should be the only one that should not change because their our elders. Percentage would increase NR the most as it should different states are going to be higher price because of the game they offer. I like going to Alaska but Im not going to cry around about how much it is to chase game there just because there part of the union. Pay up or shut up. Residents if the NR are that big of a deal shoot the booners down back to the 80's when a scrub 8 point went to the taxi. Thank God we live in a country to where we can catch blue crab on the east coast, Maui Maui from the gulf, quail and pheasant from Kansas,Wapiti from the Rockies and McKinley for purchasing Alaska.

2. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    TLRANGER
    My calculation included spring and fall turkey.

What you sight is simple economics and you are right. Thing is... that is what most are wishing for.

Combine that with the Baby Boomers all approaching senior status and few new hunters and there is going to be a huge shortfall in license revenues. I look forward 3 years from now when I will be paying $5.00 instead of $410.00!!! Actually you know what go ahead and raise NR fees to whatever you want I will just wait.

3. rlb165

rlb165 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001

TLRanger, you and I have never met, but I work with one of the guys on your lease. He thinks the world of you, and any friend of JB's is a friend of mine.
    By the way, Thank You for your service to our country!

davers likes this.
  4. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    No offense partner but I bet that land would have a few interested hunters if you bow out...so life will go on if you stick to Rocky top.

5. gdb

gdb Fawn

Officially the Commission Vote was tabled today due to not all 9 director's being there. It will be re-scheduled at a later date.......

6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    For the non-residents who own property in the state, you do realize you are such a small, small percentage of people affected by any pricing that you don't even register, right? if you start carving out exemptions for the 100 or so people that fall into that category, you might as well start carving exemptions for trannys, women, and basically anyone who is not a white, Christian male.

7. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    OK soo...do the Trannys and women and non white christian males need to also be NR Land owners??? Wouldn't they just fall under the 100 people that comprise the population of Non Resident Landowners that want to hunt their own land already? Or are you saying that Trannys and women and non white, non christian males AND NR Landowners should all band together and ALL get discounted licenses??? Well whatever works.

8. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    All the NR landowners that don't like paying NR prices I have come up with a simple solution..... sell it

davers and bird whisperer like this.
  9. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Nah...Iam just going to take my chances hunt my own land for free and wait 3 years until I turn 65 and then pay $5.00. I'll put all my license money into improvements and by that time I will have doves, turkey, ducks and deer flocking in. That way I don't give any of my money to you a holes and improve any of your spots.

10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    You sound bitter. You mad bro?

11. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Why bother paying the 5 bucks at 65. Not like the state will make 50 bucks off of you after that point anyway

12. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    They should just let 65 and up hunt for free imo. Basically like the kids hunting

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Easy there horseman. He's super angry. He wants resident status...even though he doesn't live here.

14. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    I noticed he called us residents a holes. I didn't think he was too angry. Maybe so though

15. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Never said I was looking for parity.