Commission to vote on Resident License fees

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bird whisperer, May 25, 2017.

  1. Mxcmxc

    Mxcmxc 6 pointer

    Dec 3, 2016
    My family just purchased 500 acres of land in Kentucky breaking ground on a brand new house this week. We are from Indiana. We will be their almost every weekend for most of the year putting in food plots and helping manage our little part of the Kentucky deer herd for everyone to enjoy.. but not Permanent residents. In my opinion my old man should get in state liscens fees. Just my 2 cents.
  2. bondhu

    bondhu 10 pointer

    Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Hell if your going to let us all come and hunt your old man should get free license. :)
    nock and EdLongshanks like this.
  3. Mxcmxc

    Mxcmxc 6 pointer

    Dec 3, 2016
    The deer on my place don't stay on my place so In turn that means any managemt we do helps the surrounding area! No need to be a smart A$$
    bondhu likes this.
  4. ddwhitetails

    ddwhitetails 10 pointer

    Jul 6, 2014
    Oh boy you just opened the flood gates!!
    Mxcmxc likes this.
  5. elkaholic

    elkaholic 12 pointer

    Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    $18.00 for all license and tags is still cheap, but that is a major increase.
  6. Carl

    Carl 10 pointer

    If the animals belong to the state, they should be responsible for a deer damaging my pickup or the wife's car. If my cow damages a vehicle, I am responsible. Go figure.
    BowHunter20 likes this.
  7. predator1

    predator1 12 pointer

    Dec 25, 2008
    I think you're taking the term "state" to literal. I'm referring to the tax payers, you and me. But I totally understand what you mean.
  8. Duster

    Duster 12 pointer

    If I come visit Indiana again and buy 10 acres next to Big Oaks NWR will Indiana let me hunt my land on a resident license ??
  9. Mxcmxc

    Mxcmxc 6 pointer

    Dec 3, 2016
    I don't know what big oaks has to do with the question. But no you have to be a permanent Indiana resident for 60 days prior to hunting season. That doesn't mean I agree with it. I'm just saying if you own a house and land in another state and are their almost every weekend the state hunting fees should apply to that land owner. Just my opinion. And I'm definitely entitled to my own opinion. Even in the great state of Kentucky!!
  10. Duster

    Duster 12 pointer

    Like I said in another post when you get Indiana to allow non resident land owners to hunt Indiana on resident license then come back and ask the residents of Kentucky to do the same.
    As far as Big Oaks some fine deer running around that place, I use to hunt it before it was Big Oaks but Jefferson Proving Grounds in the draw hunts. Got a couple favorite spots in there. And some good trails go off property on the west and north sides so those places one could hunt more than one or two days a year.
  11. Mxcmxc

    Mxcmxc 6 pointer

    Dec 3, 2016
    Big oaks is a nice place been on their a few times for draw hunts. Drive by it every time I head to our farm in Kentucky.
  12. CMDux

    CMDux Fawn

    Mar 13, 2004
    Crestwood, KY, USA.
    This is the rule for Indiana non-resident landowners:

    Indiana allows non-resident landowners, including their spouse and children living with them, to hunt, fish or trap on their own farmland in Indiana without a hunting license only if the following conditions are met:

    1. The nonresident’s state allows the same exemption for the same species for Indiana residents who own farmland in that state*;
    2. While hunting, fishing, or trapping on the farmland, the nonresident must keep proof of ownership (for example, a tax receipt identifying the nonresident as owner) in a place where the proof is readily accessible by the nonresident.
    * For example, if a nonresident is from state X that only allows Indiana residents who own land in that state an exemption to hunt small game on land they own without a license, then the same exemption would apply in Indiana for a nonresident who owns Indiana farmland and is hunting small game on that farmland. If state X does not include other species (e.g., deer, turkey) in the exemption, then the nonresident must have and carry a valid nonresident license and any applicable stamp privileges to hunt those species in Indiana.

    This exemption does not apply to land owned by a business, corporation or partnership unless the shareholders, partners, members or owners are comprised solely of the members of an immediate family and farm that land.

    Nonresidents who lease land in Indiana are not exempt and must purchase nonresident licenses.

    If Kentucky allowed non-resident landowners from Indiana to hunt with a resident license on their property in KY, then it looks like Indiana would allow the same. Seems fair to me and I wish KY would do the same thing.
    Mxcmxc likes this.
  13. Gforcetrivers

    Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

    Sep 23, 2016
    Well done CMDux! NR landowners in KY got nothing but a deed and tax bill and poachers shootin our Booners.
    Mxcmxc likes this.
  14. Mxcmxc

    Mxcmxc 6 pointer

    Dec 3, 2016
  15. Mxcmxc

    Mxcmxc 6 pointer

    Dec 3, 2016
    Thank you for clearing that up I thought Their was something like that in Indiana but I diddent have time to look it up. I rest my case.

Share This Page