cougars and elk

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Possum, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Possum

Possum Fawn

Nov 28, 2002
    I just heard that the dept. has been stocking cougars in eastern Kentucky to keep the elk heard down.[:)]

2. Possum

Possum Fawn

Nov 28, 2002
    For those of you who don't get it.....IT'S A JOKE!

3. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

cant be a joke, thats what they thought about the wolves and rattlesnakes.....now look at the deer on lbl and the turkeys, and what about the coyotes they parachuted in......man i would have loved to be there for that one....its all real.....grizzlies are next if the cougars cant kill enough elk........

i heard they were using the florida strain of cougars, but had to retrain them to hunt elk.....they were all looking for gators and hogs.....

bucks cannot grow antlers in your freezer....

4. snareman

snareman 6 pointer

Jan 25, 2004
    In case you didn't know it the dept. is still dropping timber rattlers in crates with parachutes to help control the turkey population. They are still secretly stocking coyotes in secluded areas too!!!

5. Suthrn

Suthrn 6 pointer

What about Bigfoot??? Think he just may have somethin for that overpopulated herd of elk!!

[​IMG]

If Id known you were gonna be here id worn hunter orange!

6. Spinfish

Spinfish Fawn

Mar 7, 2004
    Louisville, Ky, USA.
    But there really were sightings of Big foot in Kentucky. Havent you ever seen the Bigfoot Site that says they are in all 50 States??
    and Canada.
    Of course no one has ever found a carcass.. or a grave, or run over one.. or seen one by accident..

Jim Dicken

7. kybowhunter1963

kybowhunter1963 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2004
    Fisherville, KY
    the importation of coyotes is the real killer

8. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    The Dept. does allow coyotes to be imported by permit. Anyone think we need more of them????

9. Pinwheel5

Pinwheel5 6 pointer

Sep 12, 2003
    Corbin, KY, USA.
    Bigfut is aint for reel. Dey dont exest. iF tHey dId theY wooD not NoW hoW To type Or spel Or breaK intO PiNweel5 hous and tuRn on hims ComptEr. Ugga ugga.

No, seriously, I was aiming there!

10. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    The Tin Foil Mansion
    No I don't think we need more coyotes(now we have them in SE Whitley county) and they ARE killing doe(s).... found one just this week!!! In the middle of an OPEN field no less!!!!(rather it's remains)[:(]

Heard they were trying to "chute" wolves in as well, but couldn't teach them to pull the "rip cords" better luck next time I suppose....[:D]

<hr noshade size="1">
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!!

Reloaders Haul Brass!

11. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

dept of the army is fitting bigfoot now for his very own heavyweight parachute, he is coming......heard wolverines were going to be released to stop the proliferation of ground squirrels.....and freshwater porposes to stop the strippers in lake cumberland from eating everything in the lake......

bucks cannot grow antlers in your freezer....

12. WarChief

WarChief Spike

Feb 1, 2004
    Lexington, KY, USA.
    Thanks Keith, gives me a better reason to dive Lake Cumberland than to just see catfish as big a man. Would love to see a freshwater porpose.

13. Hunting_Medic

Hunting_Medic 6 pointer

Jan 7, 2004
    Hopkins Co., Ky..
    Keith is right about Bigfoot. When I was in the Army I was stationed with the 3rd ID and Pvt. Bigfoot was in our company. We went to jump school together.

14. schuyler olt

schuyler olt 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2002
    Strippers or stripers? The only places I've seen any numbers of the former on Cumberland are at Party Cove and 76 Falls, and the action's really slow this time of year.

15. Turtleky

Turtleky 10 pointer

I knew that was coming. hahahaha [:D]