Cougars extinct

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by slickhead slayer, Jan 25, 2018.

1. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
  2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Ummmmm no. I will not contact those people. I have no interest. These are nice theories though....and no the theories cannot be replicated or empirically proven, that’s why they are called “theories.” :rolleyes: Theoretically speaking of course.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    You asked, I told you, and you choose to remain ignorant. Have fun with that.

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    C7EA8766-A6D3-4DD7-9AD9-597FDDB1F8A2.jpeg 5FA9C88B-99DD-4D5A-9A19-3F03A3701584.jpeg
    I can see that you don’t understand how the scientific method and peer review works. Who is ignorant?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Please reread the article you have provided and pay attention to the verbiage used. Kinda important there scooter :)

6. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Let's put a situation in the air here, don't know if you're married or not but let's say your wife who is in good health and a sound mind called you up and told u she just saw a large cat long tail the size of a dog in the woods, now let's say she called you up and said she saw Bigfoot or a alien, i'm not sure you're putting the situation in perspective you might file for divorce or talk to a doctor if the latter had been said now, somethings are more possible than others

7. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Kydfw and other biologist are clear in one thing, mt lions leave a trail. Scat, hair, foot prints, carcasses, road kills,pictures , hunter kills etc. Flor has dozens and dozens of just road killed Panthers every year, with their very small population.
    Ky has never had a documented case of a wild my lion. So IF by chance one did roam in the state, and it will happen, then 99.9% of the reports are still false. There have been hundreds of documented sightings supposedly by people on this website, at the very LEAST, 99.9% of those are false.

8. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    I know some of you are relatively new here, but there have been countless people on this site who swore a trusted relative saw one, shot one, or had trail cam pics. Two of the trail cam pics were proven to be from out west, one Montana, one Arizona. The other trail cam pic was later proven to be a stuffed Mt lion in front of trail cam.
    One guy told the exact ridge in Pikeville that the pic came from.
    We have biologist on here from kydfw who have told people that Mt lions have never been documented in a black phase, but people by the thousands claim " they seen a bunch of em in (fill in the blank what county)"
    The next piece of factual evidence found in ky will be the first.

9. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    My goal is not to start any kind of argument Or start rumors, beer is good God is great and people are crazy

10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I gave you two recent examples of factual confirmed sightings. Yes, most are mistaken, I totally agree. But some are not. They’ve cruised through for decades.

11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Tell you what. Go to Glasgow and talk to Billy Humphrey. Tell him he’s lying about a cougar rearing up on the tree at daylight he was hunting in during bow season. Tell him he’s lying about that cougar dragging a Deer back into the park. My dad shot a deer the afternoon before they never found. The cougar found it and drug back into the park. Tell him he’s lying. Tell CD Church he’s lying about seeing a cougar on his farm multiple times in a 15-18 month span. He is easy to find. Closest house to Flint Ridge road. There are several other close sightings from the 50’s thru the early 70’s in that area.

12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    To think that mountain cats have not been or are not going to be in Kentucky is crazy to me. Cats are isolated animals that keep to themselves. Is there a breeding population? Obviously not. Is it out of the question for a juvenile male to be run out of their home territory into the bluegrass a far strecth? I don’t think so. Regardless.....they are most certainly making there way back here.

13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I don't know if we will ever have resident cats, but Ky has seen roamers for decades. On a different note, a bear was sighted at the city dump outside Glasgow this week. It is just a matter of time (a few years) until there is a breeding population of bears in and around Mammoth Cave. A sow with cubs was caught on camera in Simpson county last year. A bear was killed on Cumberland Parkway in Metcalfe last year. Young boar sightings in this area have become more and more common in the Spring.

14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Thank you my Hindu friend. Why in the world would we be silly enough to think that they won’t come back? Bears and cougars will eventually be state wide....unfartunately :mad:

15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Tank you comagin.

EdLongshanks likes this.