Cougars extinct

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by slickhead slayer, Jan 25, 2018.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    i personally want more "proof" than someone saying they saw one. been supposedly happening since the 50's and not the first one being shot? no pictures? sounds like good campfire stories.

2. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    I can understand that, would it make any difference if it was a family member, are people more likely to believe in that case, would you still be skeptical of a close friend and think they are a crazy fool

3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I’ve seen over a dozen bobcats but never shot one. Billy Humphrey is a good friend of the family. He’s not just making up a story. CD Church is a long time resident and friend. He saw the cat multiple times during a 15 month period. Only time he’s seen one in the 40+ years he’s owned the farm.

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Not to hijack the argument but as I’ve said on here before, I grew up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mts. Poor kid, lived back in the woods. Spent 80% of my time when I was awake in the woods and fields. I have never saw a rattlesnake in the wild and never saw a bobcat until I was old enough to drive and have seen two on the side of the road but not real close to where I grew up. To me, this is almost stranger than the possibility of a cougar existing or anything else for that matter. Shows there’s some pretty elusive creatures out there.

JR in KY likes this.
  5. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    When you watch shows on TV of the Rocky Mountains and the hunters talk about how you rarely if ever see a cougar, in fact some call them ghost cats they probably have breeding population's out west , imagine only a couple that might be passing through Kentucky at any given time of course you'd never see them how they probably walk 20 miles a day no tellin, i'm not going to put a cougar sighting in the same category as someone seeing Bigfoot or an alien

EdLongshanks likes this.
  6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well I never thought Florida had bobcats just like the Ky bobcat. I knew they had a protected species of panther in the Everglades but evidently they are overran with bobcats especially S Florida. First time my MIL told me she saw a bobcat at their condo while taking the trash out I thought she just doesn’t know what a bobcat looks like. About a week later one made national headlines from the same little town coming up to an older ladies screen in back porch and trying to attack her little dog. Animals expand their territory. It is what it is.

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    i would still be a doubter, you have to know my family. :)

EdLongshanks likes this.
  8. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I probably wouldn’t tell it ,if I did see one,

9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    can't compare out west with western Ky. if you haven't been, and ever get the chance to go, you'll find out what big country is. i've hunted Mx, BC, Alberta, arizona, NM, Montana, nevada, wy and colorado. only seen one grizzly, one lynx, one bobcat and heard wolves once without laying eyes on them because there's a whole lot of country empty of people compared to the vastness of the land. several 10 day hunts without seeing another human.
    My opinion, but in West Ky with all the automobiles, cell phones cameras, trail cams and hunters, there would be already be solid proof of a cat roaming there.

10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    not in Mammoth Cave... 53,000 acres. and the sightings I referenced were long before a cell phone was even thought of... There were pictures of the one 8-10 years ago. They had no idea where it came from, nor what happened to it. As I said earlier, there's not a resident group, but they do pop up from time to time.

11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store. lol

12. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Billy Humphrey is a meth head, and CD Church beats his old lady. I ain't taking anything those two say, seriously.

13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I spoke to Billy about this. Between hits on the pipe he said you must be the guy from Louisville with the trophy sister wife.

slickhead slayer likes this.
  14. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Need pics of trophy sistér wife

bgkyarcher likes this.