Creeking

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by mudhole crossing, May 27, 2018.

1. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 6 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Who's going noodling .I wanna watch

2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I always liked cat fishing. But I was never that fond of it! I like my hands much better! LOL

mudhole crossing likes this.
  3. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Not i

4. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Pervert............................:)

nock likes this.
  5. 308

308 6 pointer

Sep 9, 2009
    Western KY
    Ha ha ha ha

6. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Think they call that dogging nowadays.

7. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I ain't brave enough to noodle. My dad said they use to do it in this creek where we live for bass, rock bass, and sunfish. I can't imagine noodling a big cat!

EC likes this.
  8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Never saw my dad do it with catfish although his teenage years living in Arkansas he said they did it all the time. I have seen him watch big snapping turtles swim into banks and reach underwater and yank them up by the tail. This has been many years ago. I was too chicken then and certainly too chicken now! He says until they climb up on the bank they’ll always be facing the bank head first. I’m not taking his word, I ain’t no Turtleman.

9. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I use to turtle hunt with my uncle ,left and right Beaver creeks ,he always said they wouldn’t turn around unless disturbed or coming out.Well who’s to see that’s not already not happened.We use to wade from Minnie , to Drift ballpark on left beaver creek,and have seven or eight good size turtles.Dont get me wrong I’ve tried it,but I mostly carried the sack.Ive seen em pull snakes and even mush rats out from under them banks.

10. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 6 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    My Dad told me along time ago when he was growing up, they used to tie a rope around one of his cousins who was a good swimmer and he would dive in a big hole of water near the mouth of Beaver and the Levisa fork of the Big Sandy river (Allen Ky)and when they would feel him pull on the rope they would pull him and a big mud cat out of the river.

11. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Dang, he was a brave lad

12. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 6 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    A couple years ago I saw the biggest snapping turtle I had ever seen in the middle of the holler, that thing was so big it wouldn't fit in a #2 wash tub, no way you could pull it by the tail out from under the creek bank. I should have taken a picture of it but I was so tore up about the size of it I wasn't thinkin straight. Haven't seen it since. Not sure I want to, it was that scary!

13. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They was some ole boys by the name of Stevens ,and Goble up home that use to dive down around Allen,and catch some monster cats.They would tell about them running their hands ,in their mouth ,and catching them thangs..They would say , their arms looked like somebody drug needles down their arm.Some big catfish in the big sandy

14. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    This little girl seems to have mastered the noodling technique.

[​IMG]

xbokilla and 308 like this.