Crow Season

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by shogan, Jan 25, 2003.

1. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    Can someone tell me why there is a crow season?

2. Boss Gobbler

Boss Gobbler 8 pointer

Dec 15, 2001
    boone co. KY.
    Because the females are overpopulated and we want to get bigger beaks on the males.[}:)]

3. handgunner

handgunner Cyber-Hunter

Nov 13, 2002
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    I'm not sure on the details, But as I understand it is with an agrrement with Mexico. The crow is there national bird and if we put a season on it they would in turn restrict the harvest of (not sure) ducks I beleive.

4. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    the crow a freakin national bird

5. Flintlock54

Flintlock54 6 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Winchester, KY, USA.
    Do you fellers remember the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and Ross Perot talking about a flushing sound. Part of that flushing sound was the crow being given protected status like doves, ducks and geese.

6. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    That was a Gii-ant sucking sound!!![:)]

7. Salty

Salty 8 pointer

Mar 21, 2002
    Winchester, KY
    I think you can pretty much shoot crows whenever you get the opportunity. If a crow is depredating, he's fair game & the general consensus is if a crow is flying he's either going to or coming from a field he has damaged. You can only have shoots with blinds & calls during crow 'season'.

8. ez

ez 8 pointer

that's a bunch of BS..........you could say the same thing about deer and we don't do them that way...........the " crow " is the smartest flying bird known to man..............ez

9. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    To think crows would bring up this much debate.

CAuH CAuH

10. uplandchessies

uplandchessies 10 pointer

Mar 20, 2002
    Florence, Ky, USA.
    Handgunner's definition to why there's a crow season is close. I believe the bird in question that they will restrict the harvest of is the bald eagle.

I can say one thing -- they are tough to hunt, especially birds that have been hunted a time or two. I hunt them several times a season and they are a blast. It's like duck hunting on land. I use calls (electronic and mouth), decoys (owl) and my dogs. It's great training for the dogs, once you convince them it's something they should retrieve. It's better then sitting home!

11. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    Upland is correct its a agreement to keep Mexico from having open season on the Bald Eagle...a CO told this to me...

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may hunting a place to live"

12. bower

bower 8 pointer

Jan 14, 2003
    LaGrange, ky, USA.
    do people eat crow, if so how. doesn't sound to good

13. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    I eat crow all the time.

It's hard to swallow but somtimes you just have to do it.

14. LUCYLOU

LUCYLOU Fawn

Jan 24, 2003
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN CROWS AND WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT HUNTING THEM CHECK OUT WWW.CROWBUSTERS.COM