deer hunting yellowbanks wma

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by wormman, Oct 24, 2003.

1. wormman

wormman Spike

Oct 24, 2003
    Santa Claus, In.
    has anybody ever deer hunted there with any deer kills.

2. RDL270

RDL270 Cyber-Hunter

Apr 14, 2003
    Fern Creek KY
    I took my niece there several years ago on a youth hunt and saw a ton of deer and she harvested a nice doe. I killed my first deer with a bow there, but that was eons ago. Havent hunted it in a long while sorry.

3. KRR

KRR Spike

Oct 31, 2003
    Bardstown, Ky.
    Hunted there last season during the state rifle season. Saw a couple of nice bucks that would meet the antler restrictions. Both chasing does with no shot options. I haven't taken any deer from Yellowbanks but it looked good enough to try again this year.

4. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Wormman, I've hunted there a few times the last couple of seasons. I haven't killed anything there, but I've seen more deer sign at Y-bank than anyplace else I've ever hunted. I think I've hunted there 4 times and saw deer 3 of those times.

It's a little over an hour from where I live, I keep meaning to spend some time scouting there and learning the area better, but I can never manage to get up there.

Good luck,

Richard

5. flathead

flathead Fawn

Sep 14, 2003
    radcliff, ky.
    i took 140 class buck last year there and seen alot deer but this have only hunted once and seen a small 8 and 4 does but the best time to hunt on yellowbank to me is two to three weeks after gun season when the rabbit hunters start up they keep them moveing

6. flathead

flathead Fawn

Sep 14, 2003
    radcliff, ky.
    i took 140 class buck last year there and seen alot deer but this year have only hunted once and seen a small 8 and 4 does but the best time to hunt on yellowbank to me is two to three weeks after gun season when the rabbit hunters start up they keep them moveing

7. KY_Xcutter

KY_Xcutter 6 pointer

Feb 20, 2002
    I have killed deer at Ybank the past three years and have been hunting it for four years. My favorite time is late in the year.