Did your mamas hunt?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by kyhunter99, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 8 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    ky
    Did (or do) your mothers hunt, trap, or fish?

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I voted. Mom fished (hasn’t in years, she’s 73 now). She never was a fan of hunting but liked her boys spending time together so she tolerated it.

3. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Mom fished but never hunted or trapped. She liked to fish.

mac0492 likes this.
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Mom didn't and dad didn't either, I was self taught and learned it all on my own..

My Wife hunts and is the best hunting partner I have ever had..

5. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Mom didnt do any of it. Was too busy working, raising kids as a single mom.

But she loves hearing our tales about em..especially my oldest boys stories.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  6. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Mom loved to bass fish. Top water bone colored Pop R on a spin cast was her go to. If that didn't work a cabin creek chartreuse colored jig was her second option. It wasn't until the last 3-4 years she has started hunting. She got drawn for a cow elk hunt about 4 years ago and it hooked her. I have been fortunate enough to put her on at least a small buck for the past 3 years and she has loved every minute of it. As a bonus it has reignited a fire in my aging father to have a desire to hunt and fish again.

7. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 8 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
    Mom was a true country girl.grew up on a farm in the sticks.she hunted,fished,cut hogs,canned,cooked,worked in the fields.my dad was the same.thank god for.my mom and dad.

Southpaw likes this.
  8. labwild

labwild 6 pointer

Jan 29, 2006
    Mercer Co., Ky.
    My Mother loved to fish. Dad not so much, so she took me fishing many times.

9. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Oh Lord No!!!!!! And she was absolutely horrified that her little girl would rather traipse thru the woods following her brother & daddy than play dress up & put on makeup!!!!! I think the only time she ever shot a gun was when she was ticked off at a neighbor's guineas who were scratching up her flowers & grabbed the shotgun Dad kept by the back door and ended up shooting the power line off the house instead of the guineas...

1wildcatfan and ojibwa62 like this.
  10. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Mom has always fished, It was about 20 years ago she started hunting with me and solo. She is from the mountains of Virginia and grew up with it and always encouraged me on my hunting adventures. Shes not a diehard go every day but she does enjoy it and I sure enjoy going with her and seeing her success.

11. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Mom never hunted and fished very little. She always encouraged me to tho. she loves to cook and eat it. We usually end up with a couple muskies when running jugs (for cats) and the woman loves that fish better than anything! To the point of you'll get a fork in the back of your hand if you go after the last piece on the table lol. I swear I can't get her to quit overcooking backstrap and using that Worcestershire sauce. Drives me nuts:rolleyes::)

12. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    My Mom liked to fish a couple of times a year. She didn't hunt but I can remember her filling up a five gallon bucket with catbirds and sapsuckers out of the cherry tree one day when I was just a little feller.

13. Drahts

Drahts 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I picked it up on my own, neither of my parents hunted, my dad fished some but really had no clue what he was doing. Even though he grew up in the country he just never did either much.

carnivore and ojibwa62 like this.
  14. Pointpuller

Pointpuller 8 pointer

Feb 15, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    My Mom fished and hunted every chance she got. Me and her would fish when I was to young for school. As I got older we would hunt and fish after school till my Dad got home from work. Then we would all join in.

15. trapper perry

trapper perry 12 pointer

May 10, 2009
    Mom never fished or hunted.My dad didn’t fish but loved to quail and dove hunt.I grew up quail hunting dad and 2 uncles always had bird dogs.One of my grandfathers always had bird dogs.