dove shoot at my place!

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by ojibwa62, Oct 4, 2018.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    I could have one today , planted a new food plot last night and about 60 doves just landed in it. Might need to drag it again or I'm not gonna have any seed left.. lol

carnivore likes this.
  2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Thats one thing that bothers me about the “normal ag practices” part of what constitutes a legal dove feild. I have zero reason to raise a sunflower patch other than to bait in dove to shoot. I kind of feel if i sow WW in a feild for ground cover or a deer plot (normal ag practice) and the doves start pounding it i should be able to protect my feild by actively dove hunting to reduce seed loss. Now if the seed is dumped in a pile its a whole different story.

cedar ridge and ojibwa62 like this.
  3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
  4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    It never fails I plow up ground and we get a rain /flood. I bet we got an inch and a half in and hour, hopefully I don't have big wash through the middle of the field this morning.

5. We used to hunt the fringes of our local county landfill. Their normal practice was to cover the garbage each day with dirt and as they progressed they would seed the top cover to prevent erosion from rains. This normal seeding practice was always a question and source of discussion about the legality of it. Some of our best dove shoots were from that location. We could only hunt Sunday's since the dump was closed that day only. Near there was another area of strip mine reclaim which had been seeded yrs prior in wheat and had a crop of fallow wheat in the open areas. We harvested truck loads of doves all of which were full of wheat. We were not baiting but were strategically positioning at places attractive to the birds. Epic hunts. We were checked at least once by F&W officers with no issues.

Irish

ojibwa62 likes this.
  6. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Your fields, you plant a crop, wildlife is destroying it, shoot,eat,belch. Do it again tomorrow.

ojibwa62 likes this.