Dumb white man

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 1sttop, Feb 13, 2018.

1. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

Never once did a wolf apologize to the deer. Never once did a buffalo apologize to the rattlesnake. Never once did a shark apologize to a seal. It is the circle of life. Be blessed with the intelligence to take from the earth the ingredients to produce gun powder, use it to conquer your enemies and the world so be it. Be blessed with the intelligence to cut down a tree, split it, and build a home versus a mud hut so be it. All things in nature (except dems and self proclaimed victims) adapt and over come. Greed is the enemy and it comes in all shapes, colors, races and religions.

bondhu and drakeshooter like this.
  2. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Cause they can afford too.

drakeshooter likes this.
  3. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    If you could see what my native friends have overcome in their lives, you would be astounded.

BTW, all of them are military veterans who have served this country, and the system has screwed over each of them. Yet they remember who they are and where they come from, and have helped me to be a better person.

4. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    I feel that there's a lot of different ways to look at it, we currently say that all the technology and latest advancements make us smarter and superior to past generations, Innoway we were almost getting dumber we rely on so many things when something goes down we feel paralyzed, if you woke up and your iPhone didn't work you would immediately go to AT&T and get a new phone because most feel they could not function without it, what happens if the electricity goes off most gas stations operate on electric pumps no fuel for cars grocery stores go down in an instant, you probably keep all your money in a bank account and use the debit card, that's out the window, I feel that the Indians were happy and there's a lot to be said about a happy life

forager, JR in KY and Panther45 like this.
  5. Panther45

Panther45 Spike

Sep 25, 2013
    I see happiness as freedom and 99% of the population is not free. I say this because most of us are enslaved by technology. You make a great point. Most people won't see it like this. Most don't understand how reliant we really are on technology. I agree that the world would be chaos if the grid went down right now. How many people would really be able to survive if the grid went down right now? Only those that do not rely on technology. These are the same people that most everyone else looks down on and calls poor or outdated. I guess the point is, "Less is more". Think about this: How much of the crap going on today (shootings, suicides, mental illness, etc) coincides with the advancement of technology and social media?

beauhunter41031 likes this.
  6. 1sttop

1sttop 6 pointer

Jun 29, 2007
    Flaherty, KY
    All of this from a joke.

7. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Same here. The historical message here, in the relation to the idea of the "native blood" notion, is maintaining modern and effective defense systems. Eventually, flint arrow heads, bows, etc., just didn't do the job.

8. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Dang it, maybe I'm ignorant but I thought that was a real story I was about to give chief two eagles a double high five for that incitement

9. 1sttop

1sttop 6 pointer

Jun 29, 2007
    Flaherty, KY
    Chief Two Eagles would have probably thought you were about to give him a beat down. I'm not sure they had high fives back then

bondhu, nock and drakeshooter like this.
  10. Here’s an off topic “Rest of the story” for you lol. The “high five” was invented or at least a claim can be made by early 1980s era Murray State Racer point guard ‘Mont Sleets.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/page/Mag15historyofthehighfive/who-invented-high-five

11. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Did you ever read what Ted Kacynski wrote in his manifesto? I mean the man is a serial killer but some of what he wrote will make you think.

drakeshooter likes this.
  12. Yessir I wrote a research paper on him once. Dude was a flipping genius who happened to also be batshat crazy but isn’t that line fine?

http://kk.org/thetechnium/the-unabomber-w/

13. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    If some of my family didn't survive the Trail Of Tears I wouldn't be here today. But mean while. I LIKED THE JOKE!!!!!!

14. Panther45

Panther45 Spike

Sep 25, 2013
    I never have but I have heard of him. Just skimming over the link it makes you think. There really is a fine line between genius and psychopath.

15. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Moral to the story....

First and foremost, never trust a conquering enemy. Second, never sign any type of paperwork accompanied with free alcohol. Third, burn all the damn trees down in the forest before you take any blankets from aforementioned conquerors that said you needed to sign some paperwork to be friends.

Key to happiness (paraphrasing): plenty of full-time night beavers that do all the work

drakeshooter and bondhu like this.