first one with the v max

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by turkeyhunter91, Mar 6, 2017.

1. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    Sunday morning right after daylight i was getting ready to go set my call out in the field behind my house but i notices some deer out in the field and i was looking at them and noticed there was something over the hill below them so i grabbed the rifle and noticed it had a long tail so i knew that it wasn't a deer haha. i went up stairs and opened the window and was able to make the 335 yard shot dropping him where he stood.i have been shooting them with hollow points but decided to try the hornady v max and i must say that i am impressed.

Attached Files:

davers, Gooch and Smokin' Joe like this.
  2. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Great shooting buddy, that's one less Coyote out killing baby turkey and deer this spring.
    VMAX have no equal for stopping power.....I have tried them all.

davers likes this.
  3. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    X2 on Vmax and yotes absolutely love them.

4. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    335 yds. That is impressive. Tell me more, What rifle and caliber. Dope the scope from your zero, hold over with dots, or seat of the pants kentucky windage?

5. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    I have been shooting them off of a sand bag which helps haha.The rifle is a ruger American youth 223 and I put a nikon 4-12 buckmaster scope, it does have the bdc. The second circle is pretty close to 320 yards. I wanted a good cheap rifle I could put in the terex or truck when I go check the cattle and not worry about scratching up. I have to say I am very impressed with the rifle and rugers customer service because I had a clip that wouldn't feed the bottom shell so I called them and they ask what style clip it was and what the problem was and after I told them they said ok, we will get 2 sent out to you for the trouble. I would highly recommend this rifle. If you have any more questions just let me know.

6. mrjohn12

mrjohn12 Fawn

Jun 1, 2016
    Good shooting. I bought the "Value" pack of V-Max bullets for coyote and prairie dog control. I load this in .223 for my Rem700 Varmint. Accurate to less than 1 moa. Couldn't be happier!

7. davers

davers 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I shot a Coyote last week, out my upstairs window, with my .222 rifle, range was 75 yards. Our neighbor has lost two new born calves to Coyotes so far this Spring. His Grandson has shot two so far this Spring.