Found my small 8pt, so did the yotes!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by turk2di, Nov 12, 2009.

1. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    I had a 15yd broadside shot yesterday afternoon at this little 8pt. A limb deflected my shot low & it hit the lower stomach, causing the buck's inards to begin dropping out! Dangest thing i ever saw!! So i tried to back out, but in the dry leaves, he heard me & took off. Found him this morning about 500 yds after we heard a yote yipe. This is all that was left! Anyway, i called him in this morning anyway! Guess im doe hunting Saturday!! Thats the Ohio river behind me!!
    [​IMG]

2. O'Brien

O'Brien 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2008
    Boone County
    Man Turk they weren't messin around huh? Sorry to hear that! Nice buck though! Congrats!

3. Congrats on the kill and too bad about the meat. It sure didn't take the yotes long to make quick work of him.

4. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    Well, at least you don't have to deal with dressing out a gut shot deer :D

5. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Easiest drag ever:rolleyes: Yea, dem yotes are like Parana's!

6. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 10 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    Glad you found him and man those yotes did a number on him over night. I looks like all is left is the head.

7. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    Sorry man that is a bad find for sure. Must have been a bunch of yotes on him last night. I don't think I have ever seen one that clean after just one night.

8. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    The place is loaded with yotes! But its thicker than hale, i was hoping he would get by overnite, but i also realized it could turn out bad. It was a catch 22, track him & keep pushing him, or hoping the yotes dont find him! I tagged him immediately! In fact, i was gonna tag him in abstenia!

9. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    Turk, there is no doubt you did the right thing. I applaud your way of handling this situation.

It sounds like a real place to do some late season yote hunting though.

10. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Yea, i may just give it a go!!

11. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

Thanks for doing the right thing. You have done us all proud.:eek:

12. DoeMaster

DoeMaster 12 pointer

Feb 7, 2004
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    Nice job tagging him! To bad the Yotes got him. Go get ya a doe now. They taste just as good!

13. bigeza2000

bigeza2000 8 pointer

Oct 11, 2007
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I shot a doe last year and the same thing happened. No one believed that yotes could get on get that fast and do that much damage. Sorry it happen to you to.

14. Dissel

Dissel 6 pointer

Sep 26, 2008
    E-town
    Thats didn't take them long!

15. Cliftyman

Cliftyman Fawn

Nov 11, 2009
    Bowling Green
    One year a guy hunting on us shot one about 9AM... he came back to the house to get some guys and we drove back about 11 to get it and its entire rear end was eaten out and its eyeballs were gone... two holes in the head and a softball sized blackhole where its pooper should have been.

I guess thats fast food for a yote?!?!