Gander Mountain becoming Gander Outdoors

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by JDMiller, Sep 7, 2017.

1. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    [​IMG]

Got this email today... which most know Gander Mountain went bankrupt and was bought by Camping World.

Accordingly.... their going to open as Gander Outdoors. Which we had a Gander Mountain in Paducah .. just don't know which stores may reopen under the new name.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    WE ARE GANDER OUTDOORS
    We are a new company, under new ownership, with a new mission: we will provide seasonally and regionally-relevant products priced competitively to fit your family’s outdoor needs. We will be your new outdoor outfitter.

Gander Outdoors is launching across the country starting in late 2017. Also, watch for updates about our new website coming later this fall.

Can't get enough of summer? Look no further.
    [​IMG]
    END-OF-SUMMER GIVEAWAY
    Soak up every last drop of summer. Enter below for your chance to win an Overton's Paddleboard and Paddle.
    [​IMG]
    I’m Feelin’ Lucky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Your local outdoor outfitter.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Interested in more great outdoor brands?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Gander Outdoors
    180 5th Street East, St. Paul, MN 55128

2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 10 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    The one in Bowling Green is permanently closed.

3. duckheadforge

duckheadforge Fawn

Dec 2, 2013
    The owner of camping world does not want business from anyone that voted for current administration... so I shop elsewhere

mmayes, JR in KY and gung like this.
  4. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 10 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

Really, I had not seen that, but good to know.

Wife and I walked into camping world once to buy bag chairs. We were asked if we were members, said no, they looked at us like we were illegal aliens. I guess inclusiveness isn't in their mission statement.

bondhu likes this.
  5. bondhu

bondhu 8 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    I haven't been there, but that deal in Georgetown when he tried to throw the city under the bus false claims that it was over the flag. He showed his colors. Hate that, always enjoyed Gander Mountain, was in Grand Rapids for work and in the evening I would wandered around in GM . An employee in the fishing section taught me to tie snelled walleye rigs. bought a 3 or 7 day license and dozen night crawlers. Had a zebco 33 in my work truck . Next evening went below a trestle on the Railroad I was working at and damned if I didnt catch a mess. Fried walleye and cold beer off the back of my work truck in the Holiday Inn parking lot. Only in America

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

True!! He tried to walk it backward days later but he really did mean it when he said it.

I will not ever go in the place.

gung likes this.
  7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Sounds pretty reckless since I would think the majority of his customers fall on the conservative side.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

He did not "say" those words BUT he was talking about Trump and everybody with a brain knew what and who he was talking about. That's why I said he tried to walk it backwards plus he had a lot of help from left wing sites.

9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I'd say most of the customers in the "purely camping" retail business tend to be on the "tree hugger" side of the fence. I'll be interested if they continue to promote hunting and shooting under the new management.

10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Yep. I'll never step foot ever in one of their stores.

Camping World CEO To Trump Supporters: Shop Elsewhere
    http://www.thasportsjunkies101.com/nascar-news/nascar-cup-series/camping-world-ceo

Camping World Tells Trump Supporters to Shop Elsewhere — NASCAR Legend Mark Martin Cancels His $150K Order (Updated)
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...nascar-legend-mark-martin-cancels-150k-order/

Marcus Lemonis (CEO): If you’re OK with what Trump said, don’t shop at my business
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/mar...what-trump-said-dont-shop-at-my-business.html

11. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    If you've ever gone to a Camping World, you wouldn't want to support them anyway with the way they so blatantly condone rape. Don't believe me? Just go check their prices and compare them to the same item purchased anywhere else.

12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That was the problem I had with Gander Mountain. Their prices were always on the high side. Amazon and Academy usually beat them easily.

13. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    X2.... Gander Mountain did their best to put their self out of business. They were just stupid high on guns and most things.

Which in Paducah .. they opened an Academy Sports basically just across the road from Gander. I've been in there once since they opened but they seem pretty reasonable.. especially on ammo.

With Dicks... Accademy.. Rural King and Shooters Supply all in Paducah ... this new Gander Outdoors better be competitive on pricing or it won't last long either.

14. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    The Gander Mountain in Paducah was a joke. Half the time the price label didn't match the product it was under - 30-06 rounds with a .243 price label. If I found something I was going to buy I took a picture of the product with the label and made sure to tell the cashier. They'd just shrug their shoulders and give it to me for the lower price.

I walked out of that place with a couple handfuls of couplers for dog leashes at a great price because of their mess. And I wasn't the least bit sorry about it. I told the girl working the cash register and she just shrugged it off like usual.

I haven't been in Academy yet, but will now to price check. I like the hell out of Rural King. I can take my three year old in there and he has a ball - popcorn, rabbits, chickens, toys. And he grabs a handful of dog biscuits for our hounds from the bucket on the way out the door. He loves it!