Girl Scouts Learn To Trap

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Big58cal, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Big58cal

Big58cal 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    KY
    I got this off of another site. It's about Girl Scouts in Alaska learning to trap beavers. Check out the link below and read the article. Wish they would do something like that around here!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102798,00.html

2. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    The Tin Foil Mansion
    I'm with you on that Big58cal! (wonder if they'd go door to door selling hides)[:D]
    Seriously I think this would be a great thing for anywhere(not just Alaska)...we can only hope it catches on.

<hr noshade size="1">
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!!

Reloaders Haul Brass!

3. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Nancy, KY.
    Scouting still teaches many outdoor skills with merit badges in Camping, Wilderness Survival, Orienteering, Pioneering, Archery, Shotgun Shooting, Rifle Shooting, Canoeing and many others. It is one organization that has withstood the test of time and remains true to it ideals....a scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.

4. bushytail43

bushytail43 Fawn

Nov 13, 2003
    scouts is always a good thing, that would be nice if they taught trapping around here

5. KyHorse

KyHorse BBBC Members

Jul 29, 2003
    Henderson, KY, USA.
    I seen the article. Unfortunately PETA is trying to throw their 2cents in, spoiling a good thing.

As for scouting, it has changed over the years from when I was a scout. Today, way to many politics. And with all the issues with Boy Scout leaders in years past, everyone is on high alert.

6. adam20_66

adam20_66 6 pointer

i got my eagle scout about 3 years ago and i was lucky to have a good scout leader, Boy Scouts is a great program but it seems the number of kids in it are going down. I think all father and sons should give it a try.

7. kyscout

kyscout 6 pointer

Mar 28, 2002
    Florence, Kentucky, USA.
    Congratulation Adam on your hard work to become an Eagle Scout.I know it took alot of work to get that far. I myself am a Boy Scout leader, my son is a 2nd yr Weblo and will be crossing over in March to a troop. I agree with what you said Adam that all father and sons should give scouts a try.The sad thing there is when you ask a dad to give some time to help out all of a sudden excuse start coming out. It seems like as long as they don't have to do anything with their child its ok. Thats why the video games and such have become so popular today. Parents don't want to or make time to spend with their children. That has become obvious with us sportsman as we see a decline in the number of young hunter today.

8. The wilderness road girlscout council has a patch for something like hunting or gun safty I think.
    Outdoor Adventurer is the patch I think. It has alot of things the girls can do.

Michael

Salt River Fish Slayer

The Goose Slayer

9. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Nancy, KY.
    I have sons who are Life, Second Class and Tiger.....hoping they will all make Eagle. It's tough competition with video games, but I think they're going to make it.

10. adam20_66

adam20_66 6 pointer

thanks kyscout, their was times i wantend to quite but both my brother and dad were in scouts and didnt get eagle so i knew it ment a lot to my dad, once i got it i was glad, its helped more than i know

11. kyscout

kyscout 6 pointer

Mar 28, 2002
    Florence, Kentucky, USA.
    Bowcrazy thats great.Sounds like all 3 are on thier way to becoming an eagle scout. Once an eagle scout allways will be an eagle scout and nobody can take that away from them.